WOT back on Chrome

NotBuyingIt

WOT version 3.3.4 released but didn't automatically update

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

The first revision of the WOT extension for Chrome in the 3.2.x and 3.3.x series that automatically updated on my browser was version 3.3.3. I had to log back in (to WOT) and then WOT automatically notified me that I needed to Synchronize.

Revision 3.3.4 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome was released on 19-June-2017; but today, I was unable to have the new version update the previous version 3.3.3 via the "Update extensions now" button on the chrome://extensions/ page.

As a work-around, I clicked on the trash bin (or trash can) icon for the WOT listing on that page; then a large button named "Keep My Browsing Safe - Reinstall WOT" was presented that allowed me to install the newest version. After installing the new version, I needed to synchronize my WOT account on the profile page once again.

If any others in the WOT users' community also have to manually update the Chrome extension, I invite them to post notices as I have done when new versions become available.

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

ekolis

RE: WOT back on Chrome

Post by ekolis » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:46 pm

Just installed the new version and noticed that I can't leave reviews anymore; just some vague ratings of safe or not and that sort of thing. I'm rather disappointed... :(
This post requires a WOT Xentronium badge level to view. Congratulations! You are a member of the 0.00001%!

NotBuyingIt

WOT extension for Google Chrome version 4.0.6.4 released

Post by NotBuyingIt » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:37 pm

I notice that version 4.0.6.4 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome is available today (26-December-2017) in the Chrome Web Store. See
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/web%20of%20trust
Some users may need to manually update. The alternative "Classic WOT" extension (version 3.3.4, dated 20-November-2017) remains available, too.

NotBuyingIt

WOT extention for Google Chrome version 4.0.10.11 released

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon May 28, 2018 4:07 pm

I notice that version 4.0.10.11* of the WOT extension for Google Chrome is available in the Chrome Web Store. See
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/web%20of%20trust
Users may need to manually update.

A new version of the WOT extension for Firefox ("20180525.0wot") is also available. I have not seen any information about what changes have been included in the updated versions.

[*]In the Google Web Store, the annotation for WOT version 4.0.10.11 has been changed to "Updated: May 29, 2018".