WOT back on Chrome

MyWOT-Team

WOT back on Chrome

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:27 pm

Dear users,

Please accept our apologies for being quiet for so long.

Over the past six weeks we were focused on reviewing and fixing issues that were mentioned in the publications. As for now we’re good to go with an improved WOT - we’re very excited for the new version of WOT that is in development right now.

Following a full security review and overhaul, we have now released WOT to the Chrome store and written a blog post about what’s coming up in the future.

https://www.mywot.com/en/blog/were-back

Самаритянин

RE: WOT back on Chrome

Post by Самаритянин » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Самаритянин

Post by Самаритянин » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Оценки недоступны пишет.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I recall you didn't take the add-ons out of the stores as you indicated in your blog; the browser companies did. Are you all in denial?

Anyhow I'll never put the add-on back till WoT shows some transparency and opens the WHOIS, and hope others do the same. You owe us that respect.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 pm

It may be necessary to uninstall the previous version of the WOT add-on for Goggle Chrome (as I had to do) before installing the new version.

Then, it may be necessary to synchronize your WOT account on your profile page.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Is it open source? The .js files that are placed in the extension directory state they are GPLv3.

NotBuyingIt

WOT version 3.2.22 released but didn't automatically update

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:22 pm

It may be necessary to uninstall the previous version of the WOT add-on for Goggle Chrome (as I had to do) before installing the new version.

Then, it may be necessary to synchronize your WOT account on your profile page.

Revision 3.2.22 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome was released on 12-March-2017 (yesterday), but today, I was unable to have the new version update the previous version 3.2.1 via the "Update extensions now" button on the chrome://extensions/ page.

As a work-around, I clicked on the trash bin (or trash can) icon for the WOT listing on that page; then a large button named "Keep My Browsing Safe - Reinstall WOT" was presented that allowed me to install the newest version. After installing the new version, I needed to synchronize my WOT account on the profile page once again.

NotBuyingIt

RE: WOT back on Chrome (update available)

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Revision 3.2.28 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome was released on 15-May-2017; but today, I was unable to have the new version update the previous version 3.2.22 via the "Update extensions now" button on the chrome://extensions/ page.

As a work-around, I clicked on the trash bin (or trash can) icon for the WOT listing on that page; then a large button named "Keep My Browsing Safe - Reinstall WOT" was presented that allowed me to install the newest version. After installing the new version, I needed to synchronize my WOT account on the profile page once again.

NotBuyingIt

RE: WOT version 3.3.1 released but didn't automatically update

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm

Revision 3.3.1 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome was released on 25-May-2017; but today, I was unable to have the new version update the previous version 3.2.28 via the "Update extensions now" button on the chrome://extensions/ page.

As a work-around, I clicked on the trash bin (or trash can) icon for the WOT listing on that page; then a large button named "Keep My Browsing Safe - Reinstall WOT" was presented that allowed me to install the newest version. After installing the new version, I needed to log-in again and also to synchronize my WOT account on the profile page once again.

NotBuyingIt

WOT version 3.3.2 released but didn't automatically update

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 am

Revision 3.3.2 of the WOT extension for Google Chrome was released on 7-June-2017; but today, I was unable to have the new version update the previous version 3.3.1 via the "Update extensions now" button on the chrome://extensions/ page.

Last edited by NotBuyingIt on Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.