Wot owner(s) - Corrupt, Inept or Gone?

spectre

Wot owner(s) - Corrupt, Inept or Gone?

Post by spectre » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:23 pm

It's now been over 18 mths since the staff have communicated on this forum, or responded properly to emails or PMs.
The last comments they did post were 'we're looking into this' comments, then nothing more.
This comment was 2 yrs ago, & still no response to it or my recent follow up comment -
https://forum.mywot.com/reputation-discussions-f5/reputation-cheat-thousands-of-good-reviews-t93290.html#p273536.

The site is very inaccurate & no longer trustworthy, and it's worrying that so many other sites still rely on it.
Scorecard manipulation is currently higher than it's ever been in the history of the site, with more reviews from microworkers / people paid to comment, than from genuine users.

Security on the site is poor & software is outdated.

Site doesn't ever function correctly, with users being logged out every few minutes, & strange redirects.
Pages are very slow to load, if they load at all, & are often jumpy.

Reporting of abuse including threats on scorecards is ignored.

User activity level is broken.

wot urls haven't been fixed to be active again.

If this is due to the incompetence / laziness of the current staff, rather than wot being just another scam site, then they must sell the site to someone more competent as it's become dangerous & everything it was created to protect against.
You can't buy a site like this & expect it to run itself safely without getting off your backside & doing some work.
Start acting responsibly!!!!!

A440

Re: Wot owner(s) - Corrupt, Inept or Gone?

Post by A440 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 am

You are very much correct — the WOT site is broken and most newer ratings are innacurate or bogus.
The site rating does not correspond to the the "confidence level" of the site whatsoever. Here are two examples from the current ongoing LLC Scam Site Ring:
vittoriadream.png
litvon.png

As you can see, the first rating for vittoriadream.com is un-naturally high — higher than any reputable newspaper site around, yet the "confidence level" is very low. The "confidence level", in this case, is the correct rating.

The second example is from the scorecard for Litvon.com which has a low rating of 62 but the "confidence level" is N/A.

The way ratings are determined is busted, does not work and, under the current ownership, will probably never work again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spectre

Re: Wot owner(s) - Corrupt, Inept or Gone?

Post by spectre » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:25 am

Keeping it 'real' / fake figures.
Keeping it real! .... reviews were added by Wot community members in the past week
These screenshots were taken from scorecards approx 30 seconds apart, in the order shown. Note how random these figures are.
If there are only 3000- 4000 reviews / week (wow, I used to rate this many daily in the good ole days!), then how can the amount vary by 1800 in 30 seconds?

keeping it 'real'.png

Bot activity
There are several accounts that have been rating 1-2 specific sites each every night at the same time:
powerwot223
mypower225
john_doh
dani kollekter
test1234

Owners' replies
As I can only see a few of my reviews on my profile page, I'm not seeing all the owners' replies to my comments.
The replies I can see include large logos from the sites - these should be removed as wot is NOT intended for promoting/ advertising of any sites.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.