Yahoo Email Security Questions

Satchman

Yahoo Email Security Questions

Post by Satchman » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:16 pm

Dear WOT,

Some questions about Yahoo Mail and some concerns

About a month ago, I checked my account security settings in Yahoo Mail, and it found that I was using Yahoo from one unrecognized sign in, so I changed my password. Today I got an email message, which says the following:

Hi,
We noticed that you access your Yahoo Mail from a non-Yahoo email application, which may be using a less secure sign in. This may make your Yahoo account more vulnerable to compromise.

We strongly recommend that you improve the security of your account, by taking the steps below.
1. On a mobile device, upgrade to the Yahoo Mail app for Android or iOS:
hxxps://overview.mail.yahoo.com/app

2. On desktop, use Yahoo Mail via:
hxxps://mail.yahoo.com
3. Turn off access for apps with less secure sign in, using the link below:
hxxps://login.yahoo.com/account/security#other-apps
For more information about these changes and more secure options for accessing Yahoo Mail, visit our help page:
hxxps://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html
If you've already taken action on this, you can disregard this email.

Thanks for being a loyal Yahoo Mail user.

Sincerely,
Yahoo
Yahoo
Protect yourself from phishing emails

We will never ask you for your password in an email. If you don’t trust a link in an email, go directly to the normal login page.
Can't see images? View as a webpage

Privacy Policy

RefID:

I checked the recommended steps, and I am secure. What non-secure application could they be talking about? I have had this account for a decade and I would have no way of knowing. I do use Facebook with this account, so it might be something there. This account did have some strange activity log in twice over the past decade that I have had it. However, I changed my password both times since than.

I have had another account with Yahoo Mail with no issues that is my personal account. That personal account I have had for at least fifteen years.

On Yahoo's account page for the security it gives you the option to sign out of a past session. It shows your recent log ins and for let's use an example:

This Session (Today)

August 31 Sign Out
August 25 Sign Out
Auguest 15 Sign Out.

What does Sign Out mean in regards to the above in Yahoo Mail with those dates? I did it and it clears the date from the system. Why would you want to do this?

Can someone with Yahoo Mail please reply? Thank you!

Satch