Youtube is a pain

A440

Youtube is a pain

Post by A440 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:24 pm

I think I have just about had dealing with youtube.
I try to watch something and am informed that it can not be shown in my country or some nonsense like that. Additionally, they want to collect too much information on me, thus I have switched to using dailymotion.com

So many fake videos are posted under certain shows that only link to adware and malware as well. They don't really vet postings for that but they are too quick to do copyright takedowns on the most spurious of claims.

RE: Youtube is a pain

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:44 pm

"thus I have switched to using dailymotion.com"

Thanks for the tip, some people use it for selling counterfeit goods [ spamming ] I removed my ratings / comments

I liked this one

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22lgvp_smartphone-app-aims-to-lower-child-drowning-rates_news

I would like to contact the inventor to see if we can reverse it to heat as we lose about 40 children every year, left in the cars, by accident, under the sweltering heat

htxxtp://www.ggweather.com/heat

If this site has good music - Rock and roll - and scientific videos, then I am tagging it

Thank you

Digital Capman

Post by Digital Capman » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:56 pm

I agree,

It's also the only website I know of that was actually easier to navigate and all around better in usability in 2006 than it is now. Google obviously doesn't have any usability testing LoL ... I guess they're just used to dealing with a single search box.

madsdam

RE: Youtube is indeed a pain

Post by madsdam » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:02 pm

"Additionally, they want to collect too much information on me"

Isn't Youtube owned by Google..?

Isn't it just another case of a free product offered up front
and in the background our personal information is ansorbed and analyzed discretely..

Recently ads on youtube are becoming more and obnoxious.
Is there other alternatives, other than dailymotion.com..?

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:26 pm

@madsdam
Hello!
The other day I went to my brother's house and I noticed on his computer the same problem
I use Adblock Plus, and it works
Best

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:48 am

Additionally, they want to collect too much information on me, If you have Gmail go in to it and tell a big no.
wend you go out of gmail don't go to YouTube if you do you see it say you name so close Browser and clean up now go back and you not see you name.
http://gawker.com/5800868/how-google-spies-on-your-gmail-account-and-how-to-stop-it

You can turn off contact spying by going to your Gmail account; clicking on your email address in the upper right corner of the screen; selecting "Account Settings"

http://cybernetnews.com/how-to-stop-google-yahoo-bing-from-tracking-your-clicks/

Whenever you click a link in Google Search, your click is redirected through a secret URL try ixquick

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-31/germany-advises-journalists-stop-using-google-over-us-spying-concerns-may-ask-snowde

Germany Advises Journalists To Stop Using Google Over US Spying Concerns

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/privacy-security/

Opera Chrome Add-ons, Tells the Google Analytics JavaScript not to send information to Google Analytics.

Adguard, Disconnect, CyberGhost VPN - Free Proxy Encrypt you browser traffic. Surf anonymously and protect yourself from hackers and identity thieves. Super-easy to use. very good and free.

madsdam

Post by madsdam » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:04 am

<quote user="super hero!">
@madsdam
Hello!
The other day I went to my brother's house and I noticed on his computer the same problem
I use Adblock Plus, and it works
Best
[/quote]

Thanks, I try that...

Updated: Just tried it. it works!!! Thanks..!!!

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:40 pm

<quote user="madsdam">
Thanks, I try that...

Updated: Just tried it. it works!!! Thanks..!!!
[/quote]

I am glad and welcome to WOT:-)

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:39 am

It's become about impossible to watch some of videos because the ads appear on the screen during the videos and obscure important details.

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

ads appear on the screen may be in the US I not see but have firefox with ad-ons may be why if I stay on YouTube for 8 hoaurs ma y see one add thats all and you can click skip it not hard to do.