Coles On;line?

OldNick

Coles On;line?

Post by OldNick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:55 am

I am confused (again). I go to shop online with Coles. In google I type "coles online" and up pops a paid ad for
www.colesonline.com.au qand it is marked red. I read the comments about it and they are saying that you are led to another site, that it opens up to gambling websites, that it is a legitimate _advertising_ site etc etc. All I see is Coles online shopping.

When I go to the page, I get NO warning red overlay, even though the link is flagged.

Right below it site in Google's search is....
www.colesonline.com.au/
not paid for but listed highest non-paid. It is a green site with no marks against.

Can somebody explain please?

Nick

RE: Coles On;line?

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:53 am

Check the Url properly...

OldNick

Post by OldNick » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 pm

pardon? That is not much help.

You will also notice that both urls are green-marked in my post!

Objective Zero

Post by Objective Zero » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Try clicking this link : www.good.com. What you see is not what you get.

Warxas

Post by Warxas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 am

You mean best-deal.com? It is just pretending to be coles online.

OldNick

Post by OldNick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:29 am

Sorry

What has www.good.com got to do with coles online.

What has the best-deals thing to do with coles online?

Why do both of my links get a green here and a red for only one of them in the Google search? When I click on the sponsored coles link, I get my login page for ...coles online...as far as I can tell.

As I asked before, how come there is a red marker on the google list link, but the actual site comes up clean....no warning of this being a dangerous site, as usually happens with a red-marked google link?

I am seriously confused. Can somebody tell this poor befuddled guy what is happening in more than one-liners? AFAICS none of the replies has actually helped me so far.

OldNick

Post by OldNick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:55 am

OK. It takes me to evil.com.

How come it's not got a red marker here yet?

But as I say, this is not what is happening to me at all. I go to coles online.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:01 am

it may be contain some domain parking and the domain which is parked to coles online is rated RED due to of which it is showing the Red circle...

Warxas

Post by Warxas » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:37 am

The site that is rated [red] RED [/red] is NOT coles online, that is why it is rated red. It is actually a site called, best-deals.com.

It is very easy for someone to make a link saying one thing Google.com but actually take you to something else. (That link says Google.com but it actually takes you to mywot.com)

The REAL Coles online site, is rated [green] GREEN [/green] .
Get it now? ;)

OldNick

Post by OldNick » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:44 am

Not quite. Sorry.

Puzzle 1. Both sites are rated green here in the forum.

2 But does deals.com actually have the Coles front end, sign in and all? That was what I saw, not anything about deals.com, on the red listed link. It looked _exactly_ the same as the green listed link.

3. I did not sign in, being cautious. But when others have been to the link, what do they see up front?

4. Look I just took the plunge and when I saw the same red listed link to right of screen as an ad/sponsored link I used it. It gave the entire Coles shopping capability. What I am seeing is _identical_ to the green listed one.

Here is the url I was taken to
\https://www.colesonline.com.au/webapp/w ... owWebStore

This is what confuses me: you guys are saying that the link goes to a deals site, but that url looks good enough to me. There seems to be a mixup, if other people are seeing a completely different site when they click that link. Is it possible that there are two sires with the exact same address, going to different places for different people.

Can somebody post the link that goes to deals, not coles?

5. As I say the page does not even have the warning banner form WOT.

Nick