counterfeit

Sami

Re: I am sure that soon enough

Post by Sami » Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Spammers have very little chance of affecting reputations, because the system doesn't trust their ratings. The effort required to gain some trust before starting to spam makes the whole thing unfeasible from financial perspective, because the spammer will lose their hard earned trust immediately anyway.

I hope you are right however

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2010 1:43 pm

I hope you are right however spammers do not think nor act like normal people. They go to extreme lengths to get their message across and affect us all. Asigning an automated bot used on thousands of machines to then create usernames and spam or rate a site, is not uncommon. It takes little time, effort or money but has an impact on everything it does.

www.issviews.com for views and news of the starte of digital security. Add your comments/.feedback on your existing security software to help others choose what's right for them and what isn't. Read up on the latest rogue software and threats too.

Sami

Re: I hope you are right however

Post by Sami » Tue May 18, 2010 1:53 pm

an automated bot used on thousands of machines to then create usernames and spam or rate a site, is not uncommon

It's not uncommon, but it's completely useless. Maybe some of the spammers who have tried this before would like to share their experiences... :)

Seems we have a difference

Post by Guest » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Seems we have a difference of opinion here :( I am inclined to believe there is a method in their madness which works for them and looking at the revenue they pull in from spam, the figures speak for themselves ($8 billion during 2009). Indeed it would be nice to have feedback from a spammer but I doubt this will ever happen. I have watched how they have changed tactics over the last 20 odd years and complacency has always given them the upper edge.

www.issviews.com for views and news of the starte of digital security. Add your comments/.feedback on your existing security software to help others choose what's right for them and what isn't. Read up on the latest rogue software and threats too.

Sami

Re: Seems we have a difference

Post by Sami » Tue May 18, 2010 2:07 pm

I don't see how the two concepts are related. Just because sending spam can be profitable for some people, it doesn't mean spamming ratings works for manipulating reputations.

c۞g

Nike Shox sales

Post by c۞g » Tue May 18, 2010 7:44 pm

LOL!
What are "shox"?

QuickMan

Yeah,

Post by QuickMan » Tue May 18, 2010 8:09 pm

It's a weird name, but I don't know why they named it with shox. Maybe they don't know the spelling of the shoes because this scams and spams are mostly originated from China. Still funny website name though.

spectre

Something like this..

Post by spectre » Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 pm

For more info see wikipedia

QuickMan

Socket puppets!

Post by QuickMan » Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 am

Socket puppet at the scorecard of www.womenjordanshoes.com

I agree

Post by Guest » Wed May 19, 2010 7:36 am

Big time