Discount software key shops

Site-rater

Discount software key shops

Post by Site-rater » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 pm

What's your take on websites like keysoff.com which sell heavily discounted software activation keys?

nanophosis

Re: Discount software key shops

Post by nanophosis » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm

The only source I can find saying their keys are legitimately obtained is sponsored, but I can't find anything on the contrary. The TOS specify a "supplier" without indicating whom. Interesting, I don't know enough to determine if they're stolen keys but the company is based out of Hong Kong and seems to cater to a European market, so I'm not sure of their laws regarding non-physical stolen merchandise, assuming it is stolen.

Edit: The domain was only registered 21 days ago, so I'll rate it as "suspicious" based on that alone. Always take caution or even avoid purchasing from a retailer that new.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:02 pm

nanophosis wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:51 pm
The only source I can find saying their keys are legitimately obtained is sponsored, but I can't find anything on the contrary. The TOS specify a "supplier" without indicating whom. Interesting, I don't know enough to determine if they're stolen keys but the company is based out of Hong Kong and seems to cater to a European market, so I'm not sure of their laws regarding non-physical stolen merchandise, assuming it is stolen.

Edit: The domain was only registered 21 days ago, so I'll rate it as "suspicious" based on that alone. Always take caution or even avoid purchasing from a retailer that new.
In the case of this site, they offer individual keys for the "Pro Plus" SKU of Office, which to the best of my knowledge is only legitimately available via Volume License.

Just about all cheap software key sites sell this SKU.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:45 pm

o2keys.com is another shady site sponsoring tech sites.