GURBL should be banned!

GURBL should be banned!

Post by Guest » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:56 pm

This user calls his purpose on Google+: "shitposting at the speed of light".

Then this user uses notoriously the WOT mass rating tool. Does he get paid for having 4,267,000 ratings since 2010 (i.e. 5 years)? These are 1,6 ratings per minute! Someone figured out on another site, that this user has made 8 ratings per minute, since he joined.

Therefore my suggestion: this user is to be banned, since WOT does get discredited by someone, who sees his purpose in "shitposting at the speed of light"!!!

Site-rater

RE: GURBL should be banned!

Post by Site-rater » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:31 pm

On GURBL.net you posted every negative rating in the list. I think you are off to a bad start for rating reliability in the WOT rating algorithm.
I don't think there are malware, phishing, scams, illegal content, privacy risks, hate/discrimination, spam, PUPs, annoying ads, tracking, alternative/controversial medicine, "adult" content, or gruesome content.
The rest of the categories, poor customer experience, misleading claims or unethical, suspicious, or opinions. may be up for debate though, but that was never his intent.
That said, he should really put up a website where domain owners can check his blacklists, and probably put it on Securi's services (They are like CloudFlare but not evil and have a security-first. policy). That is, if he is still alive; haven't heard from him since I sent him a message in April.

WOTRocks223

Post by WOTRocks223 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:59 am

What's so bad about rating that much? If he rates that much then he is a very active user and NOT a spammer. Also, most of his ratings are accurate and he's NOT getting bribed BY ANY MEANS to do that!

A440

Post by A440 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 pm

Hey, though he uses the MRT like crazy, that meth hamster usually tags the bums I get around to tagging sooner than I can.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Perhaps he got trapped in a spamtrap and is struggling to free himself?

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:49 am

If you abuse the MRT that much as he does, you surely make mistakes.
* And let's keep in mind that we all need to stay accurate.
After all a website can be some ones way to earn a living. And we're not here to damage someones business when there's no ground.

With his way of doing he's absolutely NOT accurate.
Yes, you can say "hacking causes some spines", but I don't agree with that.
Several times I tried to nail him, when I caught him on making an FP again.
Example : https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/match4me.nl/comment-86344773#comment-86344773
But he always stays "under the radar" by simply removing the sole comment ( and rating I hope ) on that site and does not respond in the forum.
I'm not taking this guy serious anymore.

But it seems that he has a protected status on WOT and complaining doesn't help us at all.
But yeah, if WOT banns this one they lose over 4 million ratings.

If I was admin, I should be ashamed that this happens on WOT

My 2 cents.........

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:04 am

I can't count how many times that I found his ratings to either clearly be wrong or head-scratching and clearly nobody is going to do anything about it. I have been long critical of him and he never had the guts to respond. I think that deep down he knew what he was doing was wrong.

The other message that I get is when one gets to use the MRT one should use it sparingly.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:14 am

<quote user="apollo702">

The other message that I get is when one gets to use the MRT one should use it sparingly.

[/quote]
Exactly. It's a "weapon" that should be used occasionally and not meant for abuse.........

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am

Just to be clear, and I know this is not going to be popular - whilst it's entirely plausible he's made mistakes (we all do), not all of his ratings are in error.

Indeed, and without manually digging into each and every one (really, who has the time? I've got a full time job as it is), I'd speculate that the majority were accurate *at the time he rated them*. The error being made here, is the fact they're not being re-visited to see whether such is still accurate.

Please don't misconstrue. I'm defending no-one, but it must be made clear, just because something is not accurate now, does not mean it wasn't at the time.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:57 am

I hear what you are saying. I have gone back and revised many of my own ratings both upwards and downwards when new information or changing circumstances came to light. What upsets me is I directly contacted him on numerous errors(always on the negative side) and he refused to respond. This was at a time when he was active so he can't claim that he didn't know.