Is Digg a good reference to mark a site`s trustworthyness green?

Ответить
Andrei_i

Is Digg a good reference to mark a site`s trustworthyness green?

Сообщение Andrei_i » Вт янв 27, 2009 12:00 pm

I have a problem with sites that get rated automaticaly green only because they were submitted to Digg. Is Digg a good reference to mark them safe/trusworthy without a user rating? Aren`t criminals submiting their sites/products there, too? I spoted tens of them already having a green rating and a pretty big weight in a site`s rating. I came across a bad site (unrated yet by users) rated green (with Digg reference) and gave my own rating, but the rating does not change red enough because of the Digg weight. A practical exemple of bad site: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/adware-pro-site.com which I rated, but the Digg confidence weight keeps it yellow. I searched the site and product at Digg, but I found no reference, which rise a question mark: why I couldn`t find it there?
I sugest for future, a smaller confidence for Digg references, or even unrating a site, because a grey site can put people better in guard istead of a green wrong rating.
That`s my opinion based on my experience. I expect yours.

Sami

Re: Is Digg a good reference

Сообщение Sami » Вт янв 27, 2009 1:06 pm

No, Digg is obviously not a good reference, and it's not the Digg reference keeping the reputation yellow. It's the fact that reputations don't change from green to red in one iteration, they change gradually. After another rating for the site, the reputation will be recomputed and it will most likely end up being red.

Toptiger5

Digg

Сообщение Toptiger5 » Вт янв 27, 2009 7:04 pm

If Digg marks a site green, and ten other people mark it red, it will be red. The majority has spoken.

c۞g

confused

Сообщение c۞g » Вт янв 27, 2009 10:38 pm

If Digg marks a site green, and ten other people mark it red, it will be red. The majority has spoken.

Digg postings can rate a site, but other auto-generated databases; i.e., SpamCop black lists, or PhishTank database, does not?

I thought "bots" aka in my usage for the term "Non human rated vote" does not change a rating, therefore does not have an affect of the color of the rating.
([url=http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/1893-what-if t=_self]what if[/url] thread)

Which is it?
"bots" affect a sites rating?
or *only* human rating votes affect a sites rating?

Also, rating - the colored icon when I navigate to the page, versus scorecard.
Isn't the scorecard "rating" the same as what's displayed in my browser with the difference being the scorecard can display any comments made; more like a "rating's long description?"

Sami

Re: confused

Сообщение Sami » Вт янв 27, 2009 11:09 pm

Digg postings can rate a site, but other auto-generated databases; i.e., SpamCop black lists, or PhishTank database, does not?

I'm not sure where you guys got that idea. Obviously, [url=https://www.mywot.com/blog/responding-to-threats t=_self]trusted sources[/url] can affect reputations. Sources have different weights based on their type and methodology, which means that one source can have a much larger effect on the reputation than another.

Which is it? "bots" affect a sites rating? or *only* human rating votes affect a sites rating?

It's [url=https://www.mywot.com/support/wot_works t=_self]both[/url]. User ratings are the primary source, but trusted sources can affect reputations just as well.

Isn't the scorecard "rating" the same as what's displayed in my browser

Yes, reputations are the same everywhere.

the difference being the scorecard can display any comments made; more like a "rating's long description?"

Yes, exactly.

c۞g

Thank you

Сообщение c۞g » Вт янв 27, 2009 11:25 pm

no more confusion.
also, thread BM'd for reference. :)

welder4

good site

Сообщение welder4 » Чт янв 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Cloud eight has been a favorite of mine for at least the last 7 years they are honest and sure they have ads but they are clean compared to other sites . They also have something similar to my space but it is for the older crowd, and if you go there it is called "Not over the Hill" their home page has a link you can get to it there also . they have all kinds of good free stuff and you can get discounts on for sale soft ware. Cloud Eight also has a free news letter with all kinds of tips and tricks for running your computer . you can also subscribe to the premium news letter for around a dollar a month it is well worth the read for people looking for ways to do things with the computer, I would rate it at the very top .

Ответить