Jocial.com – A Ponzi Scam with a high WOT Rating!

A440

Jocial.com – A Ponzi Scam with a high WOT Rating!

Post by A440 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:50 pm

I've noticed this site only because I'm finding more and more scorecard spam on WOT that promotes this site, especially on their WOT scorecard.
It turns out that this company is a fake. Even trustpilot has noticed a surge of fake reviews on their own site page for this fake company and has pop-ups stating this when I reviewed the site through them.

Jocial is a website that claims to be an "influencer" marketing platform where users can earn by posting on social media which most of us know means they farm out reviews for money.

Jocial.com
As discussed on fakewebsitebuster.com:
Though it is not clearly mentioned on the website, Jocial is actually a multi-level marketing company (MLM) company. This is because new users cannot join without the referral code of existing members. Further, there is a non-refundable ‘subscription fee’ that needs to be paid in order to join and earn on the platform. Jocial also provides tiered referral commissions to members. This strongly suggests that Jocial might actually be a Ponzi scheme pretending to be a social media advertising platform
See: https://fakewebsitebuster.com/jocial-com/

Here's one example I've found of that supports the allegation above, from an Instagram account linked to this company:

jocial_shot.jpg
Jocial.com is actually a Ponzi organization See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

www.investor.gov/introduction-investing/general-resources/news-alerts/alerts-bulletins/investor-alerts/investor-7

Oh, but it gets dodgier all the time:
One of the most dodgy aspects about Jocial is that payments and withdrawals can only be made using Bitcoin. Such transactions are practically impossible to trace and are highly unsafe...
A domain name lookup of the website shows that it was registered on 1st May 2008. However, traffic data and snapshots from the Wayback Machine show that it was a parked domain until June 2020. The domain registration was updated on 5th June 2020, therefore, the website is only around 3 months old in reality. There is a phone number given for the domain registration, but no information could be found for it on Trucaller. This suggests that the phone number may be fake.
We can even take a look at the address where this international company is supposed to have its main office and it appears to be bogus as well:
https://www.instantoffices.com/en/gb/available-office-space/london/hatton-garden-63-66-48654
Note the fourth photo in states that the facility there is a "virtual office" as in not physically real.

Jocial’s website is also trying to portray the company as a reputed platform that has been running since 2008. This is clearly a lie.

Even the alleged founder of this Ponzi is bogus:
The website also mentions Jamie March as being the founder of the company. There is no real image of Jamie given. Jnstead, there is just an illustration to represent Jamie. The same illustration has been used for a guest post by Jocial on a blog. However, the author’s name alongside the image is given as Martin Brown. No online profile of Jamie March could be found, which is highly suspicious for an ‘internet entrepreneur’. This begs the question of whether Jamie March is a real person at all.
. . . which is further ridiculous if one considers that if this company had been in business for twelve years, as their site claims, this means that their founder "Jamie" started this when he was 9. Yet another obvious lie.
There is also the issue of the many offices this deluxe Ponzi organization has:
On the FAQ page of the website, Jocial has a question dedicated to clarify that it is ‘legitimate’ and has ‘offices all over the world’. However, not a single office address has been provided on the website. It also automatically rings alarm bells whenever a company goes out of its way to state that it is indeed legitimate. No real company needs to claim such a thing explicitly.
Here is the one galling kicker for me – this clearly fraudulent organization has a high WOT rating!96 – which is higher than most newspaper sites in the United States are rated on WOT, WTF!

I invite any responsible WOT member to review the information for this Ponzi organization and help correct the clearly bogus rating that these chavs have gained on this site: https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/jocial.com/page-1?sort=newest
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Myxt

Re: Jocial.com – A Ponzi Scheme with a high WOT Rating!

Post by Myxt » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:52 am

In addition to jocial.com, here's more of the kingdom

List of domains/hosts

asia-region.jocial.com
beta.jocial.com
blog.jocial.com
brand.jocial.com
cdn.jocial.com
delivery.jocial.com
mail.jocial.com
mena-region.jocial.com
mg.jocial.com
ns1.jocial.com
ns2.jocial.com
office.jocial.com
signup.jocial.com
jocial.net
jocialsupport.com
jo.link
Their own ToS gives up the painful details.

A440

Re: Jocial.com – A Ponzi Scheme with a high WOT Rating!

Post by A440 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Other scam sites hosted at the same IP address 95.179.238.72:

Bookmyposition.com
Bigpowerline.com
Globalpowerline.com
Brand.jocial.com
Socialmedia.originlike.com
Secure-my-position.com

Note: All of these domains, with the exception of Socialmedia.originlike.com
points to jocial.com.

A440

Re: Jocial.com – A Ponzi Scam with a high WOT Rating!

Post by A440 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Additional references:

www.scamadviser.com/scam-reports/scam-alerts/4014/could-jocial-be-a-pyramid-scheme

www.scamadviser.com/check-website/jocial.com

www.facebook.com/103579531423644/posts/is-jocial-fake-or-real-full-review-httpbitlyjocialscamit-seems-extremely-likely-/176128597502070/

www.facebook.com/103579531423644/posts/is-jocial-fake-or-real-full-review-httpbitlyjocialscamit-seems-extremely-likely-/176128597502070/

www.quora.com/Is-Jocial-a-pyramid-scheme?share=1

www.ictframe.com/illegal-business-online-in-the-name-of-jocial-police-preparing-for-action/#

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1340224-jocial-influence-marketing-platform-is-it-a-scam-or-genuine/?tab=comments#comment-14749763

A440

Post by A440 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:01 pm

The continued abnormally inflated rating of this Ponzi site ( rated higher than WOT even) is why I now believe that WOT as a service is finished and has little value as a service since WOT ratings can not be trusted.
There is absolutely no accountability on the part of the current Chinese owners, who apparently either profit from this sort of rating scam or just don't care about WOT's ability to accurately rate sites since it is now very obvious that rating manipulation is at work herein.

A440

Post by A440 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:55 am

Fixed? Um . . . the rating dropped down to 60 and has come back up to 63 and then 65, now 66 – was yellow but now green!

Trust lost is difficult to reattain and this site owners have lost my trust.
Steps needed to be taken to prevent this sort of manipulation. As it stands now, this site's owners have failed miserably.

A440

Post by A440 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:18 am

Addendum: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/jocial-fake-real-shiv-raj-bhatt
. . . The most interesting thing which I found is Facebook page admins are from India, Bangladesh, and Ukraine. Therefore, the claim that Jocial is based in the UK seems to be a total fake.

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:59 pm

Well the rating us now at 10 but is still labeled "suspicious" and not red.

I'm very interested in how the "learning machine" that lies at the heart of this site is going to be adjusted so as to avoid this sort of problem, which has expressed itself before now.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:47 pm

A440 wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:59 pm
Well the rating us now at 10 but is still labeled "suspicious" and not red.
Additionally, WoT displays a very high confidence level in that current Trustworthiness score of 10

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:06 am

NotBuyingIt wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:47 pm
Additionally, WoT displays a very high confidence level in that current Trustworthiness score of 10
(Trust score is now 0.5 8-) )
Curious that Trust Confidence is "10/100", but the (i) informational pop-up says Confidence is "Extreme *****" - is this because measurable Confidence is a system anomaly? However, calling it "Suspicious" may be plausible with a 10/100 Confidence in 0.5 Trust.