Kickass domains SEIZED - Stop rating piracy sites green!!

Site-rater

Kickass domains SEIZED - Stop rating piracy sites green!!

Post by Site-rater » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:09 pm

On July 26,2016, The US Justice department arrested the owner of the major piracy site Kickass Torrents, a piracy site whose scorecards have been severely manipulated over the years, and took possession of the server contents.
hXXps://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/us-authorities-charge-owner-most-visited-illegal-file-sharing-website-copyright-infringement
hXXps://www.justice.gov/opa/file/877691/download
(Note: content of killed links is public domain according to US law, consider mirroring on a privacy-friendly server)

List of domains/hosts

kickasstorrents.com
kastatic.com
thekat.tv
kat.cr
kickass.cr
kickass.to
kat.ph
kastatus.com may be compromised now too.
I would recommend you DO NOT VISIT these domains, as the Government has in the past installed "network investigative tool" malware on seized websites.

This should be an excellent example of why to rate websites that deal in recent-release pirated content DEEP RED as these websites pose a potential danger to users.

Some of these domains as of the time of writing have Alexa ranking in the 70s, and some of the scorecards have been rated so strongly green that it will take a considerable effort to reverse this.

If you used the same password on any of these domains as on any other sites, change it immediately! All databases associated with these sites have been permanently compromised, and I have no idea how securely the passwords were stored, although nation states have significant computing power to brute-force the weaker passwords.

RE: Kickass domains SEIZED - Stop rating piracy sites green!!

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:19 am

@Site rater
Great catch!
Artem Vaulin, who is said to be the owner of the file-sharing site Kickass Torrents (KAT), is accused of money laundering and infringing copyright.

He is accused of distributing more than a £1bn worth of pirated music and films over the past eight years

=http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36852495
I understand the frustration of having to deal with the greed of some record companies, but the moment corruption comes in, it affects everyone at every level
We need more comments though with ratings

A440

Post by A440 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:56 pm

Well, it would be great if there were a way to pay to view movies and TV content, oh, wait, netflix or Amazon doesn't have anything that I want in my part of the world.
What to do . . . ?

There would not be much pirating if viable alternatives existed but they don't.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:01 am

<quote user="a440">
Well, it would be great if there were a way to pay to view movies and TV content, oh, wait, netflix or Amazon doesn't have anything that I want in my part of the world.
What to do . . . ?

There would not be much pirating if viable alternatives existed but they don't.
[/quote]

That's the problem with the current business model. Time and time again mainstream media companies shoot themselves in the foot through artificial restrictions and intrusive DRM schemes which only do more harm than good, and end up blaming the consumer in the process. That's the reason why piracy exists, and why people are forced to download Game of Thrones off Kat or SolarMovie instead of through official channels.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:48 am

<quote user="huckleberrypie">
That's the problem with the current business model. Time and time again mainstream media companies shoot themselves in the foot through artificial restrictions and intrusive DRM schemes which only do more harm than good, and end up blaming the consumer in the process. That's the reason why piracy exists, and why people are forced to download Game of Thrones off Kat or SolarMovie instead of through official channels.
[/quote]

If there is a gulag somewhere in which people are executed for not downloading Game of Thrones, Google fails to find it.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:53 am

[/quote]
I fully agree with your statement that the idiocy and greed blinds corporations to the potential revenues lost to draconian policies, but on the other hand, to steal because it is a "big corporation" or "everyone is doing it" attitude is not the answer

These sites can and will steal from you by not having trusted privacy policies, many of the customers are downright criminals downloading warez, if we feed corruption we cannot expect corruption to go away on its own

These sites are not trusted and are illegal, others that do not know or don't care and use WOT as a guideline, are not getting the red alert, not to visit these sites and on this alone, we are failing them and failing them bad

We are much better than this!
Those who use our opinions as a guideline, expect honesty in our ratings to trust or not to trust a site

Can we honestly trust a site that, may steal our personal data, hide their IP and provide hackers via links with their tools?

The scorecards have ample space to rate these sites and others, like them, with negative ratings or warnings

At the end that movie or music that, we download, will be a costly one for all of us

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:17 am

<quote user="super hero!">
I fully agree with your statement that the idiocy and greed blinds corporations to the potential revenues lost to draconian policies, but on the other hand, to steal because it is a "big corporation" or "everyone is doing it" attitude is not the answer

These sites can and will steal from you by not having trusted privacy policies, many of the customers are downright criminals downloading warez, if we feed corruption we cannot expect corruption to go away on its own

These sites are not trusted and are illegal, others that do not know or don't care and use WOT as a guideline, are not getting the red alert, not to visit these sites and on this alone, we are failing them and failing them bad

We are much better than this!
Those who use our opinions as a guideline, expect honesty in our ratings to trust or not to trust a site

Can we honestly trust a site that, may steal our personal data, hide their IP and provide hackers via links with their tools?

The scorecards have ample space to rate these sites and others, like them, with negative ratings or warnings

At the end that movie or music that, we download, will be a costly one for all of us
[/quote]

Also, now that some of the domains are seized (the .cr is non-resolving as my petition https://wh.gov/iFKGe [Don't mean to spam; link is killed] says it should be), can we trust that the government isn't just casting a huge dragnet on the public, especially since the FBI just started considering one of their anti-anonymization malware tools classified?

At one time I asked MysteryFCM to classify kat.cr as EMD but he said they weren't responsible for ads and classified [/b]WRZ[/b] (We need orange for the forums) instead; however the indictment shows that the KAT admins knew they were serving scams.

A440

Post by A440 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:01 am

[/quote]I agree. I would rather pay for safe and reliable content. IMHO, lawyers and greed, as well as government regulation is a hindrance. Netflix does not offer enough and I don't want to use Silverlight on any platform.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:38 pm

New domain promoted by TorrentFreak:
katcr.co ([url=https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/katcr.co t=_self]Scorecard[/url])

Scorecard is already being manipulated.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Illegal mirrors:
kickasstorrents.website
kickasstorrents.host
I cannot access the scorecards due to ongoing gTLD scorecard bugs.