loupiote.com and pandaamerica.com

SeanW

loupiote.com and pandaamerica.com

Post by SeanW » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi everyone;

I've found a couple of websites with inappropriately low ratings, that I have been unable to fully correct and thus am looking for further investigation, followed hopefully by further corrections.<!--break-->

The first site that needs reexamination is:
http://www.loupiote.com/

I came across this about a week ago, it seems to be a photographers showcase website. Yet when I found it, it was rated 4 Reds with no explanation. I counterrated it 4 Greens and it is now at 4 Yellows.

The second site I have more familiarity with
pandaamerica.com
which has 4 yellow-greens despite being a trustworthy organisation. And still does, even after I gave it 4 full greens.

In neither case was there any explanation by anyone about the poor ratings they left. This is a common thread which I find links all false positives on WOT, and makes me believe all the more firmly that WOT should consider forcing comments for poor ratings.

I am also becoming concerned about my Reliability score, since in both cases I have failed to cause the required corrections by my rating. This is a matter of concern to me since when I've seen these cases before and given new ratings, that was enough to make the needed changes.

Could somoene in charge tell me if my most recent corrections failed because either:
My rating reliability has likely fallen since my last FP correction or
My vote went against large number of contradictory votes in both cases.

alphacentauri

photos of minors?

Post by alphacentauri » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:36 pm

I didn't search too extensively, but is there any indication he had permission from those children's parents to take their photos and post them on the internet?

@SeanW

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:24 pm

Just curious.... if you feel that the site loupiote.com/ was rated incorrectly (which I agree but will research better later)
why you left no comment to support your thoughts.

As far as pandaamerica.com, all I can get is a 404 page at the moment.

You need to use

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:38 pm

You need to use hxxp://www.pandaamerica.com
Ran into the same problem.

SeanW

@Web Bug I did leave a

Post by SeanW » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:33 pm

@Web Bug
I did leave a comment explaining my position.
Are you sure you checked out
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/loupiote.com

I was quite clear.

As to the link to Panda America, I did not make that a full URL, just wrote in the domain name. You should get a website if you pull up a free address bar and type www.pandaamerica.com

@AlphaCenturi, I don't know about the photos of the children, I didn't notice - I just saw general photographs of the owners travels. By all means leave an Ethical Issues comment if you think he just took their photos without permission and this is something you feel strongly about. But I can't imagine this issue justifying a 4 Red score.

Your comment wasn't there

Post by Guest » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Your comment wasn't there when I checked and the site was down also.... I think I know how to verify an address.

loupiote

hi, i am tristan savatier, the owner of www.loupiote.com

Post by loupiote » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:43 pm

hi, i am tristan savatier, the owner of http://www.loupiote.com .
i appreciate the heads-up regarding the low rating of my site.
several years ago my site contained a few of my photos with nudity, which may have been the reason for the previous negative ratings. all my adult / mature photos have now been removed from this site, and this site contains only images that are considered "safe for all" (no nudity).
i am a well respected photographer and i work with major agencies such as "Getty-Images". to clarify: photos of children or minors on my site have been taken and published with the permission of the parents, or are of members of my direct family. don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

I am not going to rate

Post by Guest » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:28 pm

I am not going to rate either... Why. The OP should have split these into separate posts since they are not related.
Will do nothing but get confusing if the thread goes long.

Since the web site owners have come into play I would ask them to request reviews at this point.

SeanW

Ok first of all, a big thank

Post by SeanW » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok first of all, a big thank you to those who have already made ratings, as of now, pandaamerica.com is fully green and loupiote.com is yellow-green, not perfect but better than the totally wrong rating it had when I first saw it. I appreciate it.

Every rating that is in full accordance with reality maintains WOTs credibility. If I seemed earlier in this thread to "come on strong," that is why: I feel quite strongly that our ratings should be 'right' and in doing everything I can to fix it when they are not.

It seems that despite this not being the intention, my approach on this seemed to have rubbed some of you up the wrong way, so could I ask fellow posters in this thread for some advice? Whenever I next find a false positive (usually unexplained) on WOT (keeping in mind that this might not be for some time) what would be the most ideal way to ask for help when my rating alone is not enough to counteract the FP?