Online Pharmacy Ratings Undermine WOT Credibility and Uninsured Americans

RE: Online Pharmacy Ratings Undermine WOT Credibility and Uninsu

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:04 pm

<quote user="uhka tutka">
[cite]He saw in the hall, all huddled together, the heroes asleep. Then laughed in his heart, the hideous fiend; he hoped ere dawn to sunder body from soul of each... (Quoted from BeoWulf; an early English poem)[/cite]

People, didn't you notice the OP has not left any reply yet? From my point of view, someone threw a bone into the courtyard and now the dogs are fighting over it. Let's get back to business and rate websites before this thread starts to become a time-waster full of political opinions and stuff. Just an idea...
[/quote]

Curious. . . Who is fighting.
I personally thought this controversial thread has been done with the utmost respect. Been kind of refreshing in my opinion.
If you are worried about g7w and I don't. We may be a couple old bulls, but think we know that too. We are fine as far as I'm concerned.
Anyhow I'm done.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:34 pm

<quote user="scientific frontline">
Curious. . . Who is fighting.
I personally thought this controversial thread has been done with the utmost respect. Been kind of refreshing in my opinion.
If you are worried about g7w and I don't. We may be a couple old bulls, but think we know that too. We are fine as far as I'm concerned.
Anyhow I'm done.
[/quote]

No, actually it was something else that made me post that.

I've recently seen the same thing happen again and again: some rather inactive account suddenly bumbs into the forum by starting a thread with a rather controversial post saying "ratings are based" or "mywot is political motivated" or "wot is a scam". Next thing you know, people (we) jump in and heated talk goes back and forth. Some threads go North, others far down South. But they all got the same thing in common: the OP never got back to the thread after that single, first post. Meanwhile, I've got the feeling someone's playing us here. And maybe it's not a good idea to jump in... at least not every time.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:51 pm

I've recently seen the same thing happen again and again: some rather inactive account suddenly bumbs into the forum by starting a thread with a rather controversial post saying "ratings are based" or "mywot is political motivated" or "wot is a scam". Next thing you know, people (we) jump in and heated talk goes back and forth. Some threads go North, others far down South. But they all got the same thing in common: the OP never got back to the thread after that single, first post. Meanwhile, I've got the feeling someone's playing us here. And maybe it's not a good idea to jump in... at least not every time.
[/quote]I certainly do not believe that PharmacyChecker had any devious or dishonorable motive in the original post. As far as I can tell, Gabriel Levitt has always been upfront in the Forums and the scorecard comments.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:24 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">
I certainly do not believe that PharmacyChecker had any devious or dishonorable motive in the original post. As far as I can tell, Gabriel Levitt has always been upfront in the Forums and the scorecard comments.
[/quote]

~shrugs~

I'm not judging the OP... but it just happens to be a fact that this thread fits perfectly as an example to the scheme of other (alike) threads (started by others). After all, I did not yet see the OP come back and reply to anything after he started the initial rant. Did you?

Anyway, never mind if you didn't get what I meant, others did. ~smiles~

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:53 pm

~shrugs~

I'm not judging the OP... but it just happens to be a fact that this thread fits perfectly as an example to the scheme of other (alike) threads (started by others). After all, I did not yet see the OP come back and reply to anything after he started the initial rant. Did you?

Anyway, never mind if you didn't get what I meant, others did. ~smiles~
[/quote] [Edit] After reading the subsequent discussion by AlphaCentauri, I doubt if there was anything in my puzzlement that is worth pursuing and I realize that I am veering badly off topic.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm

PharmacyChecker has 128 posts and has participated in discussions. His site's rating hasn't improved and he's trying again, trying to fully explain his point of view (really,really fully). I don't think he has posted and then stopped reading, but he knows that if he is too quick to jump in with a reply, it could turn into a flame war. I think he's handling the thread the best way possible and it reflects some experience with WOT forums.

But I know what you mean. Some other threads lately have clearly been started by people who have created new identities just to troll the forum. If someone with no previous posts posts an inflammatory OP telling everyone else what's wrong with WOT, I think the best response is just, "You're new. You're misunderstanding how WOT works. Read the wiki and hang around the forums to learn why we don't agree with your post." Hey, what are the trolls going to do, admit they used a previous identity?

And not responding removes a lot of the entertainment value of trolling.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:33 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
Hey, what are the trolls going to do, admit they used a previous identity?
[/quote]

LOL - now that would be something new for a change. ;)

<quote user="alphacentauri">
And not responding removes a lot of the entertainment value of trolling.
[/quote]

So true. I'm still learning when to shut up though. ~blames coffee~

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:43 pm

LOL - now that would be something new for a change. ;)

So true. I'm still learning when to shut up though. ~blames coffee~
[/quote]

Have another cup. LMAO

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:53 pm

Phew! Having just spent the past forty minutes ploughing through this thread I can only suggest that most of the issues could be resolved by US citizens supporting a proper tax-payer funded health system so that US citizens wouldn't need to buy medications from other countries and/or potentially unsafe websites.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:17 am

<quote user="jazspeak">
Phew! Having just spent the past forty minutes ploughing through this thread I can only suggest that most of the issues could be resolved by US citizens supporting a proper tax-payer funded health system so that US citizens wouldn't need to buy medications from other countries and/or potentially unsafe websites.
[/quote]

Echo!