PC Doc Pro

Galaxyfox

PC Doc Pro

Post by Galaxyfox » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:59 am

Why does PC Doc Pro now have a green rating? It used to have a dangerous rating and the software was shown in a video, which had proved that the software is Rogue since it costs almost 30 dollars for a 30-day version.

logicman

My comments on PC Doc Pro.

Post by logicman » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:59 am

Even if I had never heard of pcdocpro.com I would have rated it 'red'.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcdocpro.com

My comment contains only a small part of what I discovered.
I'm keeping some bits back - to answer any challenges from the site owner. :-)

Esa S.

Status update

Post by Esa S. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:22 am

Pcdocpro was listed on hpHosts database, but was recently removed (http://forum.hosts-file.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=620&st=0&sk=t&sd=a)
and the reputation reflects this new situation. I think the conclusion of their study was that Pcdocpro for example removes redundant registry entries.

However, when we have ran our tests, we haven't been able to see any improvement in response times or boot times, though. We will run more extensive tests and report the problems and the severe problems (these are the terms used by Pcdocpro) that Pcdocpro finds and eliminates to the software manufacture, Microsoft. When we get their answer we will share it with you.

MysteryFCM

Just a note ....

Post by MysteryFCM » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:02 am

pcdocpro.com, windocpro.com and spyresearchcenter.com, were all re-added today :o)

Regards
Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Mr. Perfect

umm...

Post by Mr. Perfect » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:54 am

...is "overpriced" the same as "fraudulent"?

What WOT should do now, is to step up and loudly claim "their" ("our", I am a member as well) video, now labeled as "fiasco", to be an "honest" mistake, instead.

By making an effort in informing people, and users on the websites first page, regarding "the mistake" WOT will also automatically block all attempts of an attack.

But, by trying to kill the situation with silence and a careful "we're asking microsoft what they think" WOT is killing itself in the long run.

I like WOT - This is not a governmental institution. No one has to endure painful consequences - just a little responsibillity!

Fictional Quote, that has small chances of becoming real ...unfortunately "Yes - we made a mistake, true, but we realized it and we are changing our outlook. This is both the strength and weekness in our, sort of, democratic organization. There's a risk that we make mistakes in judging website, but we are even more prone to correct our mistakes, learn from them and evolve. This would not happen if we were driven like any other despotic corporation, which hardly has any room for admitting mistakes, or evolving without replacing the whole board. We do still they have a dangerous "vendor rating", since the price of the license isn't adjusted to the market. You can find other programs that do the same thing for only five percent of that of PC DOC PRO's, and some of the best registry cleaners are even free - that is why we reacted, or rather, over reacted I'm afraid.

I'd very much like to see that, on the front page, because, I'd hate to see trust turn into snake (WOS).

It's not to late.

Thank you!

This is an annoying signature

logicman

Why I rate PC Doc Pro red.

Post by logicman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 am

NEVER trust a web site that makes bogus claims!
Please read my report:
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/pcdocpro.com

The web site owner uses unethical SEO tricks.
SEO - Search Engine Optimisation, a bafflegab term.
It's not the search engine that's 'optimised' but the web-site's position in search results.
In simplest terms, search engines add up links to sites from elsewhere on the web - more links = higher ranking.
SEO tricks are used to put bogus links out.

PC Doc Pro posts entirely bogus self-promoting 'product reviews' with links on entirely bogus ezine sites.

Quite apart from that, I am not inclined to trust an 'expert' who thinks it's a good idea to turn off the auto-load for my anti-virus programs.

There is only one time I ever turn off virus checks - after unplugging the internet connection! And I only do that when compiling lots of video files on a single core computer.

The bottom line is - I would not even trust this site owner to wash my car.

My mission statement:
I will boldly go, where only spammers have gone before.

Sami

Re: umm

Post by Sami » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:39 am

..is "overpriced" the same as "fraudulent"?

Making up problems, claiming they are "Severe", and asking money for fixing them is fraudulent. This program's only purpose seems to be scamming ignorant users.

Yes - we made a mistake, true, but we realized it

You're not working for them by any chance, are you? :) Btw, would you care to explain why [url=https://www.mywot.com/scorecard/mywot.com/comment-30651 t=_self]democracy doesn't work[/url] in your opinion?

Mr. Perfect

My opinion...

Post by Mr. Perfect » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 am

If playing around with the SE hits and and claiming to make better products than you actually are is "fraudulent", then we'd hafta put 99% of all organizations, politicians, religions and various authors behind bars.

Well, then okay PC DOC "PRO" IS fraudulent. But so was the WOT video. The video was either pure prevarication or just blond naivety.

Sami,
"Democracy... is a charming form of government, full of variety and disorder; and dispensing a sort of equality to equals and unequals alike."
"Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty."
"Democracy passes into despotism."
-Plato

"By going back to burning books
ripping apart things that doesn't fit
one times one equals nine
Your make-believe
reality is full of shit
It's fucked to hear one idiot's words
worse to see others believe it
fucked up minds in fucked up times
it's up to you to foresee it"

- Nicke & Alex

I know it's hard to believe, but all your life you've been lied to by various authorities, often beginning with parents. You are a slave in psychological chains with very limited rights to think and feel the way your individual expression "needs". The ship of grown-ups have arrived - and they WILL stop this madness by showing us that the lord of flies is just a pig's head in a bag.

Köp inte grisen i säcken.

P.S. btw, some WOT admin, I think, is removing my comments which doesn't "fit" into his view. I don't work for PC DOC PRO, I'm with an organization (several groups) that promotes and delivers true copyright. I'm just here to evaluate the motives of WOT.

phantazm

My perfect opinion...

Post by phantazm » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Mr. Perfect: "I know it's hard to believe, but all your life you've been lied to by various authorities, often beginning with parents..."

And you are an authority on that..?

Mr. Perfect: "You are a slave in psychological chains with very limited rights to think and feel the way your individual expression "needs".."

We have to belive in Free Will - we've got no choise!

Mr. Perfect: "The ship of grown-ups have arrived - and they WILL stop this madness by showing us that the lord of flies is just a pig's head in a bag."

Quite lyrical, but I'd prefer something more logical. Could you spill some beans instead of alluding to Mr Golding..?

Mr. Perfect: "I'm with an organization (several groups) that promotes and delivers true copyright."

A secret organization? Don't even have a website you can refer to..?
What's "true copyright"? In any case, I think true originality should also be promoted...

Mr. Perfect: "I'm just here to evaluate the motives of WOT.

Okay, wot do you think of us then..?

Sami

Re: My opinion...

Post by Sami » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:51 pm

claiming to make better products than you actually are

The program is lying to scam people out of their money, pure and simple. The "severe" problems it finds are not even problems.

all your life you've been lied to by various authorities

You might feel the need to blindly oppose all authority, but you should still be able to understand the difference between a scam and a slight marketing exaggeration.

You are a slave in psychological chains with very limited rights to think and feel

Oh no, that's exactly what they what you to believe! (That's right, you're not the only one who saw [url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/ t=_self]Fight Club[/url]... =)

some WOT admin, I think, is removing my comments

Comments containing profanities or clearly baseless accusations are usually deleted when they're reported to us, especially if the comments involve individuals.

I'm just here to evaluate the motives of WOT.

That's just silly. If there was a conspiracy to silence the truth, they'd be on to me by now and they know where I live, so I probably wouldn't even have time to finish this sent