Please Rate Down Conduit.com!

Satchman

RE: Please Rate Down Conduit.com!

Post by Satchman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:35 pm

<quote user="evilfantasy">
Agreed. There is nothing wrong with Conduit other than it is a toolbar. At first (10 years ago?) Conduit was spyware and it was immediately black listed by every security vendor. It took Conduit about 6 months before they saw the light and cleaned up the software. Since then they have been de-listed as malware and considered safe.

I like to complain about toolbars just as much as the next guy-gal. That doesn't mean they are all dangerous or are not useful. Take a close look at all of your Firefox add-ons. Some are toolbars only they are compacted into a little button. A little button but still be a toolbar.
[/quote]

If there is nothing wrong with Conduit, why are all the comments on the WOT scorecards from people around the world negative, and the comments are recent? Why does the URL above identify it as a virus/malware? WOT even by it's very nature isn't about viruses, spyware, or malware. The security programs are supposed to do that. WOT is about trust, and sorry, I don't trust Contuit.com. If my browser homepage is hijacked and I get a search without my knowledge or consent, I consider that to be a browser exploit. I don't want to visit Contuit.com. For those reasons I have marked Red Contuit.com. (I don't want anything to do with their adware toolbar. period.)

Satch

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:48 pm

I would be happy to give a negative rating as long as I had proof. I'm pretty sure MysteryFCM feels the same.

<quote user="mysteryfcm">
Any chance you can provide evidence/intel on this please?[/quote]

People on the internet saying it is malicious isn't evidence I consider valid.

redblade7

Post by redblade7 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:57 am

<quote user="evilfantasy">
People on the internet saying it is malicious isn't evidence I consider valid.
[/quote]

People on the Internet saying something is malicious is the basis of WOT itself.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:31 am

<quote user="redblade7">
People on the Internet saying something is malicious is the basis of WOT itself.
[/quote]

opinion is what you think and evidence is what has been proved.
That's why wot members are encouraged to add evidence to their comments/claims