Please review my site : 2-viruses.com

Jazspeak

Rated

Post by Jazspeak » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:06 pm

[green]Rated[/green] and commented.

@leofelix

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:25 pm

Fair enough.
I still believe he's a honest man, and maybe he'll look at some different recommendations.
Though if you could rate some areas green, what would they be, and why not do so in just those categories, with a link to your post here. Just a thought.

Keavs

2) I cannot be absolutely certain that the manual removal instru

Post by Keavs » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:26 pm

That's true... but I did spot check his removal instructions against some other AV sites, and they are pretty much the same.

I do have to admit though, I have not always had success with manual removals in the past

my opinion

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:33 pm

I deeply respect giedrius, he is a very helpful WOT member out of doubts.
Nevertheless here is why I'm not going to rate his first website and why I shall rate as green the second one

reasons:

1) .2-viruses.com/anti-malware-tool-comparison

[cite]read why we have choosen Spyware Doctor[/cite]

What I read is misleading IMHO because:

a) A MBAM Pro license is life-time, PC Tools Spyware license is not
b) MalwareBytes' Free offers free removal abilities forever
c) PC Tools Antivirus v 8 free now offers both antivirus and antispyware removal abilities, why do not you link to PC Tools Antivirus free?
d) PC Tools Antispyware installs without user's notice Browser Defender add on (According to The Calendar Of Updates, Browser Defender is related to Ask toolbar which is adware and a privacy risk (according to secunia Ask toolbar has been unpatched since 2003)

2) I cannot be absolutely certain that the manual removal instructions provided always work

Security Tools was know in Italy as "Tool sicuro", there were many variants

----------

The second webpage links to Uniblue Registry Booster, suggested to clean registry.
I'm among those people who believe that Uniblue software is scam: you have to pay to remove the supposed "registry errors" found.

The forum looks very useful anyhow

hence:
1st website currently unrated from my side
2nd website rated as [green]greenish,[/green] because of giedrius's forum which I believe is a very good one;)

giedrius

@ leofelix 2. :We actually

Post by giedrius » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 pm

@ leofelix
2. :We actually test malware. Sure, our capacities are not of anti-malware company. There is no malware removal page on the net that provides guides that work for everyone under any conditions. For example, mbam could not remove Security Tool version we had this September/October, due to some modification. It could be solved with hitman pro/SD combo + manual killing of process. For some versions, manual removal works better than any tool - we tested that too. We get lots of comments from people that successfully performed manual removal of Security Tool with instructions proposed by one of visitors. Even a year after the malware appeared first.

Note, comments there are moderated against obscenities and advertisements only. If someone proposes better way - so be it, it will appear in main guide as well sooner or later. You can check hundreds of comments under thinkpoint or security tool if you want :)

About 1: We have many different standpoints what is BEST for end user. My criteria: Fixed PC and Protected PC the easiest way. For some it might be Fixed PC and guides how to protect it further. That is reflected in comparison, and there is no best anti-malware protection. While your point that MBAM license is lifetime is valid, it was and is disclosed.

Speaking about SD versions, I still suggest version 7. It is better : it does not conflict with regular anti-virus packages. Sure, users have to renew definitions, but the removal capabilities are about the same. I write long letters to PC tools suggesting fixing one or 2 things in version 8 though, but that is another story :) I do not wish SD to replace the antivirus of users choice without good reason to do so. I myself prefer ESET smart security as internet security suite, which I fully disclose. Though I use SD 7 too.

Re

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:02 pm

good points;)
I apprecciate your efforts to help people.
I myself like to play with malware (I'm only an amateur, not an expert) and test security software.

You are right, there is not the BEST antivirus/antimalware, it is impossibile.
I have the same thoughts expressed by Wilderssecurity T.o.S
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

[cite]Members should not start topics in this section asking "Which is the better or faster or lighter or whatever?" or make comparison threads setting one Antivirus product against another (i.e. this vrs. that). Topics such as those require no thought, always produce the same arguments, and never resolve anything.[/cite]

However to be fussy MBAM v 1.42 in 2009 could easily remove Security Tool as far as I know

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.ph ... opic=35239

I have rated as green both your websites and linked back to this thread;)

Warxas

Ok

Post by Warxas » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:05 pm

I have checked both of your sites. Both seem like very useful resources, for removing various types of malware.

2-spyware.com has a lot of valuable information, as well as a very thorough help forum, unfortunately, it has ads that link to Liutilities.

Liutilities creates border-lined rogue software. Because it is border-lined rogue, and not full-out rogue, I feel that it would be unfair to rate an ENTIRE site negatively, because of one ad that links to Liutilities. I also feel, that because it is border-lined rogue, it would be unfair to rate the site positive as well. SO, I will decline to rate entirely.

2-viruses.com on the other hand, contains no links to Liutilities (that I could see). Some comments on the 2-viruses scorecard, seem to have been placed there without any reason. Like, saying Spyware Doctor is rogue, where is there proof of this?
Anyway, I have rated 2-virues.com as green.

Thanks!

giedrius

However to be fussy MBAM v

Post by giedrius » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:17 pm

[cite]
However to be fussy MBAM v 1.42 in 2009 could easily remove Security Tool as far as I know
[/cite]
Yes - and that was the point : malware changes even if they keep same name, and while one can be sure that some software helped for some people, it might not be so for other people. That is why there is more than single tool recommended.

giedrius

Thank you. As I have no

Post by giedrius » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Thank you.
As I have no final say in 2-spyware, I can not promise that Liutilities will be removed. But I'll see what I can do.

Re:

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:48 pm

[cite]
Yes - and that was the point : malware changes even if they keep same name, and while one can be sure that some software helped for some people, it might not be so for other people. [/cite]

I perfectly agree, Malware changes, as a result Instructions to remove it should also change

[cite]That is why there is more than single tool recommended[/cite]

Echo to your statement;-)

Thanks again