scan.scannerantispyware.com

Addendum

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:15 am

Just thought. Maybe you could configure a desktop shortcut to do this and have it always on top. Bothersome, but if you regularly visit dangerous sites to rate them, maybe this kind of thing would be good to have.

Addendum

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:42 am

I have played about with my vista firewall control and found a way now.Right click on the firewall icon,put mouse over mode,click disable all wich blocks both inbound and outbound connections.Takes about 5 or 6 seconds at most.Seems a good idea Bobjam.I had not thought of that.

Xp54321

+

Post by Xp54321 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 pm

The site is now blocked by Firefox as an attack site. Avast! blocks it with its Network Shield feature. Spybot S & D blocks it with its hosts file immunization. I figure just one of those features is already enough to warn you though. ;)

Toptiger5

In that sense...

Post by Toptiger5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:16 pm

It's better to have an OLD computer. Something for me to think about when Windows 7 comes out. I was thinking my XP was obsolete in the age of Windows Vista. But now I love my trusty WinXP, and probably a 98 is even better, except you don't get them in laptop form.

Toptiger5

Post by Toptiger5 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:17 pm

That's great. Mozilla are the best ;-)

SeanW

An option for some.

Post by SeanW » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:45 pm

One time I nearly got whacked by a nasty piece of malware called "System Doctor."

I forget the exact details but I was surfing a good site such as answers.com and this window just popped up - I recall seeing that it was up to no good. I immediately jumped out of my chair and hit the POWER button on my broadband router.

Was using SiteAdvisor at the time and I promptly gave the site a "Browser Exploit" marking, the only time I ever did that save for Storm worm propogators.