scan.scannerantispyware.com

Toptiger5

scan.scannerantispyware.com

Post by Toptiger5 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:16 pm

Never go to this site! If you should go on it by mistake CLOSE IT IMMEDIATELY because otherwise you will get popups wanting you to download an "antispyware" program which really is spyware. If the popups should appear, press Ctrl-Alt-Del and close your browser.

Xp54321

Blocked

Post by Xp54321 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:31 pm

i was unable to visit this site. Spybot S &D blocked it in its host file immunization.
127.0.0.1 www.scannerantispyware.com
127.0.0.1 scannerantispyware.com
:D
Avast! and Spybot S &D (Passive protection; Spybot set the hosts file to redirect me to myself each time I tried to reach these thus blocking them) can block known malicious sites. They did so several times yesterday while I was rating sites for WOT under Sandboxie. :)

YoKenny

antivirus2009 trojan

Post by YoKenny » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:28 pm

Its one of the plethora of the antivirus2009 gang's sites

If you see a scan starting on your hard drive then Ctrl+Alt+Del and get to Taskmanager immediately and end the browser.

antivirus2009 trojan

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm

The bit about hitting the old three fingered salute,control+alt+del is good advice.I have been reading if you get a malware attack and hit the red boxed x for close it can make things worse.If you think you are under attack follow YoKennys advice and give it the three fingered salute.

Toptiger5

Yeah

Post by Toptiger5 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Most people know what ctrl-alt-del is all about, but they don't remember it when it really is necessary. I'm making a club/website about the Internet, and I should give it a page about this. I've had spyware, just because I used the Red X.

The Big Bin

Idk, but on Windows 98

Post by The Big Bin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:38 pm

Idk, but on Windows 98 ctrl-alt-del immediately stopped all processes until you finished. On WinXP, it simply opens a new window. If the computer is busy, that can take up to half a minute - more than enough for a trojan to install!

Windows 98

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:13 pm

Another option.Right click on task bar,click on task manager and end process.This takes time to but if clicking on the x close makes things worse not many options left.

The Big Bin

Takes even 8 seconds for the

Post by The Big Bin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:23 pm

Takes even 8 seconds for the rightclick menu to appear... I simply don't understand why microsoft took that safety feature out.

Xp54321

?

Post by Xp54321 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:33 am

Does the site overcome NoScript? (Very important addon, it may seem annoying at first but once you set up the whitelist (Like most HIPS stuff) it's virtually unnoticeable and it blocks a lot of harmful stuff. Same with AdBlock (Which already has a whitelist and block list configured. :) ) I would be very concerned if it did but in my experience a fake scanner page does virtually nothing (Unless you click on a link etc) with NoScript enabled. :) Viewing the page source for one fake scanner showed that page would auto-execute a script upon someone visiting and was even configured to do certain things based on the browser (Which version of IE) the user was using[I don't remember what exactly]. :| The source I saw mentioned Internet Explorer so I assume the site would try to use vulnerabilities in IE to initiate drive-by downloads etc. In addition a bunch of tracking cookies were also applied. I was under Firefox with NoScript and AdBlock under Sandboxie at the time so I suffered no harm. :) If you really don't want to risk visiting these sites at all then edit your hosts file or download a good hosts file from elsewhere [Trustworthy source!] (Or use Spybot S & D's immunize feature) to block these sites from even loading. Simply set the site to redirect to localhost if you want to do it manually. :) [127.0.0.1]

Another option

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 am

Just have your firewall STOP all Internet Activity. I know ZA does it ("Lock"), and I'm sure others do too. ZA does it pretty fast.

You probably should familiarize yourself with how your firewall does that function, so you don't have to poke around for the setting and lose valuable time.