Why are there people using WOT to ruin peoples reputation?

alphacentauri

RE: Why are there people using WOT to ruin peoples reputation?

Post by alphacentauri » Fri May 27, 2011 10:28 pm

It's easier to do 900 bad ones than 900 good ones, since the bad guys make multiple identical clones of their bad sites that can be rated at one time with the MRT. People also publish blacklists of bad domains which are convenient for plugging into the MRT if you aren't responsible enough to do your own research.

But that guy really marches to a different drummer when he rates domains. In most cases, he's the only one leaving a rating. And the few I checked didn't even have websites -- they were just mailserver or nameserver domains, apparently. I'm not sure where he's getting lists of domains to rate.

docbenton

Post by docbenton » Fri May 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Finally someone sees something odd in all of this.

muntoo

Post by muntoo » Sat May 28, 2011 1:51 am

Based on all of the above, I've just gave your website a 70/100 in all of the categories.

Let's hope it pushes your rating up. (Wait a day or two.)

Post by Guest » Sat May 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Keep in mind this was not a request for a review.
You wanted to know why it may be rated as such.
I just provided you a screenshot of why it might be.
You may also notice I said unrated, and I still have not done so at this time.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sun May 29, 2011 12:11 am

Visiting: imfreedomcoaching.com
there's an advetisement (direct) on the right which links to: hxxp://imfreedomcoaching.com/profitjackpot
Your clickBank affiliate HTTP request links:
  • hxxp://docbenton.profitjpot.hop.clickbank.net/
  • hxxp://docbenton.profitjpot.hop.clickbank.net/hop/?CBRehoppp2=http%3A%2F%2Fprofitjackpot.com%3Fhop%3Ddocbenton&hstr=1306623551655%7Cdocbenton%7C%7C8c7zr3ew2t%7Cprofitjpot&code=%7B%7D&key=C0E9AADB&parms=&s=default&ds=0
  • hxxp://profitjackpot.com/?hop=docbenton
destination: profitjackpot.com which is one of many domains by the Kurma Group who offers "work from home - get rich quick" MLM / Lead generation scams. There's a couple relevant topics in these forums for either clickbank scams or get rich quick.

It's said: [url=https://encrypted.google.com/#q=you+are+what+you+eat t=_self]"you are what you eat"[/url] and online your reputation is equal to those whom you link to. I suppose another idiom would be... href="https://encrypted.google.com/#q=birds+of+a+feather+flock+together">birds of a feather</a>

Looking at:
hxxp://imfreedomcoaching.com/affiliate-marketing/

if you purchase Profit Jackpot through my link you will receive 19 videos showing you how to create a huge mailing list. This is a $97 value or more. They walk you through step by step on how to create a profitable emailing list.

List building
Lead generation
Clickbank affiliates...

The 2am infomercials telling you how to get government grants (which do not exist BTW) or how to purchase real-estate with no money down... offering those who are desperate to earn extra cash false promises through e-book / video downloads which produce no results, unless they get another 1000 dummies like them to do the same (pyramid schemes). So on and so forth... must be a thousand replies in these forums dealing with the same type of "online business" sites.

rated - without commenting

off topic:
profitjackpot.com = "Kurma Group"
aka:

profitjackpotdemo.com
affiliateclassroom.com
marketingselfhelp.com
lifetimemassiveprofits.com
improvesatscoresnow.com
amishvm.com
vmgoldmine.com
videomarketinggoldmine.com
nichelistprofits.com

just to name a few...

Post by 1.6180339 » Sun May 29, 2011 1:05 am

It's said: "you are what you eat"

and online your reputation is equal to those whom you link to. I suppose another idiom would be... href="https://encrypted.google.com/#q=birds+of+a+feather+flock+together">birds of a feather
It seems to me that if one were to use that rational that Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Amazon, Ebay, and a whole host of other sites that provide links that are questionable should be rated poorly.

c۞g

@ 1.6180339

Post by c۞g » Sun May 29, 2011 2:33 am

There's a difference between providing "questionable links" which can (and generally are) removed versus providing links and "how" and "why" one should purchase "the goods" with the sole intent to [3rd party] profit from those who "click" them ...

Prove me wrong.
Purchase this offer: vmgoldmine.com
set up your websites, verify them with WOT, and provide the links in a new topic along with the thousands per day you earn.

A few other forum topics related to some domains I've referenced in my previous post:
http://www.mywot.com/forum/5996-please-rate-my-site
http://www.mywot.com/forum/6038-please-could-you-rate-my-money-making-web-site-thank-you-for-your-time

Post by 1.6180339 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:21 am

Prove me wrong.
Purchase this offer: vmgoldmine.com
set up your websites, verify them with WOT, and provide the links in a new topic along with the thousands per day you earn.
No thanks! I working two jobs just to maintain. Don't have that kind of money to waste!

There's a difference between providing "questionable links" which can (and generally are) removed...

That sounds like Google!

...providing links and "how" and "why" one should purchase "the goods" with the sole intent to [3rd party] profit from those who "click" them ..</quick>
That sounds like the right column on Google too!

But I concede the point. After thinking about it some more, I can see why the links one has on a website would affect the trustworthiness of a website.
It's said: "you are what you eat"
A bit harsh. A bit judgmental. Sill, I have say, Touché. Take that in the good way. :)

docbenton

Post by docbenton » Mon May 30, 2011 10:31 am

Thanks!