Why is Breitbart green?

A440

Re: Why is Breitbart green?

Post by A440 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:59 am

Site-rater wrote: ↑
Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:46 pm
A440 wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:14 am
I would point out to any concerned WOT administrators, this site still being listed as safe (green) is one big reason I no longer really participate in rating sites here in WOT. It is obvious that my efforts, and those of others, are in vain.

Ratings are ineffectual and are too easily manipulated and there is certainly no "star chamber" to rectify this problem either.
Users continue to rate it green due to the abusive content on the site. Kind of like how The Pirate Bay is rated green because it's so easy to download pirated movies.
I still do not understand why a site that so knowingly sponsors blatantly biased and false social narratives should be considered as harmless. The Pirate Bay site only demonstrates the failure of the media entertainment industry to make entertainment easily available whereas Breitbart demonstrates a different and very serious failure on the part of American governance to regulate or prevent the deliberate spread of politically biased disinformation Which harms the quality of governance and furthers the degradation of American society.

Perhaps one could suggest that such serves the purpose of helping to affect change in American politics but it comes at the expense of its citizens and the common good. This site is a disease, masquerading as a cure.