www.city-airport-taxis.com

brainnolo

www.city-airport-taxis.com

Post by brainnolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 pm

I was visiting this site (hxxp://www.city-airport-taxis.com), it seems to have convenient prices and all. What is worrying me however is that there is ZERO company information. This makes me worry especially because they want credit card information... is this a scam? It seems to be violating some laws at the very least.. (if it is UE based, as one could deduct from the phone number). I marked it red because of this. What do you think?

RE: www.city-airport-taxis.com

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:54 pm

From the terms and conditions, they say: "By booking a service on our website, you are entering into a contract with the service provider and not City Airport Taxis". So, they're a middleman, who provide bookings with third parties.
I tried looking them up as a company, and only found a defunct entity from Northern Ireland: https://www.duedil.com/company/NI071904/city-airport-taxis-limited
The domain was registered on 10th Feb 2013, so perhaps they're a pretty new company. Their DNS servers live in the domain airport-car-services.com, which doesn't have an accessible site, and was registered in Sept 2012.

It looks like they used to be called easy airport taxis (same phone number), and the easyairporttaxis.com site now redirects to the one you've posted about. There's some reviews of them on Tripadvisor.

Probably not a scam, but it is a bit fishy that they don't say who the legal entity is on the website.

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 pm

Site is safe to visit
http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/scanner/?scan=http%3A%2F%2Fcity-airport-taxis.com
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/9dc6af082675e809ccc12a3f3833073ad91ae669bfe95fe3cc8dbb856bd1002b/analysis/1365172994/
http://www.urlvoid.com/scan/city-airport-taxis.com/ The website was registered 2 months ago, surf with cautious.

Whois:
Domain name: city-airport-taxis.com
Registrant Contact:
WhoisGuard
WhoisGuard Protected

Visiting the site, the only "Contact data" I see are
Phone : +44 (0) 203 432 9333
Fax : +44 (0) 203 529 1015

No Company Informations provided.

They want Credit Card Details and CVV / Security Number, no matter if you choose the "Payment in Advance" or "Payment to the Driver"

Rating Reliability 
- Ratings & Comments - Mass Rating Tool

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:03 pm

hxxp://snowcarbon.co.uk/train-guides/change-in-paris/paris-nord-paris-est

The company that we recommend is a British company called Easyairportaxis (obviously you are not being picked up from the train station, not the airport!).
Site: hxxp://www.easyairporttaxis.com/airporttransfers/city/Paris-taxi

Site redirects now to hxxp://www.city-airport-taxis.com/airporttransfers/city/Paris-taxi

Googleing the phone number there is/was another site

hxxp://taxi-airport-transfers.com even if that site provide now another number.

Update - Added

hxxp://munich-airport-taxis.com/contact.htm
Rating Reliability 
- Ratings & Comments - Mass Rating Tool

brainnolo

Post by brainnolo » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:26 pm

Sounds very fishy, certainly not someone with which I would like to do business with. I found another website which also seems belonging to them: hxxp://airportstaxitransfers.com/page/customercomments - Very interesting that the domain is registered in 2012, yet they have some "testimonials" speaking about year 2010!

Shouldn't these sites be "red"? (Sorry for the question but I am somewhat new to mywot)

KoolerTheFirst

Post by KoolerTheFirst » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Brainnolo,

You have brought up some great websites to us that should really be rated red.

I mean really? A website whose whois record dates back to 2012, while they have "testimonials" from 2010? That seems a bit phishy (if you know what I mean).

I will rate these a bit later, when I have more time.

Thank you for posting these.
Kooler.
If my English skills are bad, that's likely because I'm tired or just not thinking straight.

brainnolo

Post by brainnolo » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:08 am

I think I found other ones:

hxxp://www.clickairporttransfer.com
hxxp://www.click-traslados-aeropuertos.com
hxxp://www.best-airport-transfers.com
hxxp://www.airport-transfers-direct.com

I am not completely sure about them but I also see no company info except "becoming part of Xweb Ltd" which says nothing to me.

ladinkjesolive

Post by ladinkjesolive » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:31 am

This site looks fishy to me too.
Not many reviews around and whatever reviews are around, seems fishy and self made.

City-Airport-Taxis

Post by City-Airport-Taxis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:27 pm

From the terms and conditions, they say: "By booking a service on our website, you are entering into a contract with the service provider and not City Airport Taxis". So, they're a middleman, who provide bookings with third parties.
I tried looking them up as a company, and only found a defunct entity from Northern Ireland: https://www.duedil.com/company/NI071904/city-airport-taxis-limited
The domain was registered on 10th Feb 2013, so perhaps they're a pretty new company. Their DNS servers live in the domain airport-car-services.com, which doesn't have an accessible site, and was registered in Sept 2012.

It looks like they used to be called easy airport taxis (same phone number), and the easyairporttaxis.com site now redirects to the one you've posted about. There's some reviews of them on Tripadvisor.

Probably not a scam, but it is a bit fishy that they don't say who the legal entity is on the website.

The company name and company number is specified in the Terms and Conditions page.