Xenu.net contains offensive information about Scientology (like it's criminal and dangerous and stuff)! Why isn't it red??

giraffes

Xenu.net contains offensive information about Scientology (like it's criminal and dangerous and stuff)! Why isn't it red??

Post by giraffes » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:10 am

I just became a Scientologist and it's a really great religion...they really help people. So I don't get why bad websites like Xenu.net aren't marked as red to warn people before they enter it! Come on, Scientology isn't criminal and doesn't HURT people...and like, why would they infilltrate the US government? That's bizarre. I mean, WOT seems like a great idea with potential, it just doesn't get all of the sites.

wehaveitall

Well

Post by wehaveitall » Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:30 am

If you look at the scorecard for the website:http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/xenu.net it looks like quite a few people feel the website is safe. WOT is not designed to block websites with strong opinions, but to block websites that can literately harm your computer.

WOT ROCKS!

lordpake

Isn't this scientology in

Post by lordpake » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:19 am

Isn't this scientology in fact classified as potentially dangerous cult in Germany? Also, the claimed practices of this 'group' against critics and so-called "suppressive persons" do raise some questions. Which would raise the question of rating CoS websites as bad?

As such, I do not see anything wrong with Xenu website. If the CoS is legitimate religion, then face the criticism as every other religion does.

"Men make good pets."

The Big Bin

lol, Scientology isn't

Post by The Big Bin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:40 am

lol, Scientology isn't dangerous?!

Come on, that's what they WANT you to think. But they only want your money.

phantazm

Blocking..?

Post by phantazm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:28 am

wehaveitall: "WOT is not designed to block websites with strong opinions, but to block websites that can literately harm your computer."

Norton SafeWeb has a rating system even simpler than Siteadvisor, but sometimes simplicy also has a point: their two red levels are "may/will harm you or your computer." I don't use blocking myself, as I need to see the site in order to review it. But I'm quite sure that phishing sites are blocked. However, phishing and other scams won't necessarily hurt your computer, but most likely hurt you...

phantazm

Dangerous cults..?

Post by phantazm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:00 am

lordpake: "Isn't this scientology in fact classified as potentially dangerous cult in Germany?"

I think so, but I'm not sure as I'm not german. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was classified like that. After all, they certainly have had their own experiences with dangerous cults...

PS: Maybe [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/user/44309 t=_self]Soran[/url] can sort this out; he's german...

phantazm

Science or religion..?

Post by phantazm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:17 am

Scientology is a system that poses as science, for those uninterested in religion. But also as religion, if people aren't scientifically inclined. That makes it a double fraud, in my opinion.

Hubbard started as an average science fiction writer, but wasn't well paid. Then one day he decided to keep writing the same stuff, but label it as 'science' instead of 'fiction'. He was right; that simple trick really made him wealthy. It also made him yet another fraud...

phantazm

Please remember the topic...

Post by phantazm » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:24 am

I sense that this thread has a high potential to go off topic in many directions: so, please start a new thread if the issue is a minor aspect here - but could be a major discussion on its own...

YoKenny

Boris Badenov for leader

Post by YoKenny » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:30 am

As long as they don't get some one like Jim Jones or David Koresh as leaders and don't come knocking on my door trying to tell me the only way I can be saved from eternal damnation is to start following their beliefs.

I don't even want to think about another cult in Germany.

Religion and Politics

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:57 am

I'm not sure WOT wants to get into rating sites based on Religious views. If Xenu.net has a poor opinion of Scientology, there are other sites that likewise have poor opinions of other religions. Is that a reason to rate those sites red? Or is it a reason to rate those sites green based on their opinion of religions?

I think we're getting WAY off base here.

So what I'm saying, giraffes, is that Xenu.net's rating isn't based, nor should it be, on it's opinion about Scientology. If that were the case, then WOT would have another category for red comments: "Disagree with Religious or Scientific views" and yet another category for green comments: "Agree with Religious or Scientific views".