consumerbenefits.net

seisner

consumerbenefits.net

Post by seisner » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:46 pm

Site URL: http://consumerbenefits.net
Scorecard: View scorecard

Introduction:
We offer health and dental insurance nationwide and international medical worldwide. All links to get a quote and apply run directly through the insurance companies we represent. We do not collect any visitor information or email addresses. We have been on the web since 1995 and are a member of the BBB with no complaints and a BBB rating of A+

Nothing has changed on our site and there are no flaws that we can detect. In this industry, much of the competition will do anything to take other companies down. This includes copying our content and giving us the lowest ratings with WOT. Please review our site. Any comments are appreciated.

Has privacy policy?
http://www.consumerbenefits.net/privacy.htm

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
http://www.consumerbenefits.net/ltcc.htm

Whois Information:
http://whois.domaintools.com/consumerbenefits.net

Disclaimer:
This post was generated automatically. All information is as entered by the site owner.

spectre

RE: consumerbenefits.net

Post by spectre » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:12 pm

Your business has it's registration info hidden, please add a physical address to your whois.
The link on your site to your privacy policy (privay & legal) does not work - hxxp://privacy.htm ?

seisner

Post by seisner » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Your business has it's registration info hidden, please add a physical address to your whois.
The link on your site to your privacy policy (privay & legal) does not work - hxxp://privacy.htm ?

The link to the privacy & legal policy is: http://www.consumerbenefits.net/privacy.htm

I just made the domain registration private to combat the email and fax SPAM and solicitations from companies wanting to use unethical practices to boost our rank.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:32 pm

In this industry, much of the competition will do anything to take other companies down. This includes ... giving us the lowest ratings with WOT. \

I have no idea which WOT users rated the site so adversely or why. However, the adverse rating for Child Safety (6 = "Very Poor") is apparently nonsense.

I have confirmed that the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has a very favorable rating for the firm. The firm's business address is easy to find on its website and on the BBB's webpage for it. The BBB provides a link that permits the firm's insurance license to easily be verified.

seisner

Post by seisner » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

\

I have no idea which WOT users rated the site so adversely or why. However, the adverse rating for Child Safety (6 = "Very Poor") is apparently nonsense.

I have confirmed that the Better Business Bureau (BBB) has a very favorable rating for the firm. The firm's business address is easy to find on its website and on the BBB's webpage for it. The BBB provides a link that permits the firm's insurance license to easily be verified.

All the WOT ratings for our site are nonsense. We have obviously been targeted by a competitor. We have been on the web for nearly 10 years, we have tens of thousands of customers. We have NO complaints with the Better Business Bureau and our BBB rating is A+

What are we supposed to do? Move the site to a new domain and start all over???

I would like WOT to review our website and remove the erroneous ratings.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:00 am

@seisner,

A website's WOT reputation is calculated almost entirely by the ratings submitted by any users who chooses to rate the site. A few days may pass before enough users have noticed this thread and volunteer to evaluate the site. You can help by continuing to watch this forum thread and the scorecard, as you have been doing, in order to address users' questions.

Since the ratings are a sort of secret ballot, we users cannot know who rated the site, how they rated it, or why. It would be interesting to hear from those who earlier rated it adversely about their reasons. My guess is that very few people have rated it so far, mostly because WOT currently estimates "low confidence" or "very low confidence" in each of the four categories on the scorecard. If you have good reason to suspect unethical manipulation of the ratings, you should report your evidence to the WOT staff at info@mywot.com. I appreciate that you may not wish to publicise your reasons; it probably wouldn't be a good business practice.

seisner

Post by seisner » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 am

@seisner,

A website's WOT reputation is calculated almost entirely by the ratings submitted by any users who chooses to rate the site. A few days may pass before enough users have noticed this thread and volunteer to evaluate the site. You can help by continuing to watch this forum thread and the scorecard, as you have been doing, in order to address users' questions.

Since the ratings are a sort of secret ballot, we users cannot know who rated the site, how they rated it, or why. It would be interesting to hear from those who earlier rated it adversely about their reasons. My guess is that very few people have rated it so far, mostly because WOT currently estimates "low confidence" or "very low confidence" in each of the four categories on the scorecard. If you have good reason to suspect unethical manipulation of the ratings, you should report your evidence to the WOT staff at info@mywot.com. I appreciate that you may not wish to publicise your reasons; it probably wouldn't be a good business practice.

@NotBuyingIt, thanks for the reply. I will keep watching the forum along with other user submitted sites. It looks like some forum members have already reviewed the site and I appreciate any input and reviews. I am a partner in our insurance agency so it means a lot to me. / Scott

seisner

Post by seisner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:25 am

@shazza, I made the registration information public.
The link to the privacy / legal policy page is: http://www.consumerbenefits.net/privacy.htm

Please re-evaluate. Thanks Scott

seisner

Post by seisner » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:23 pm

I changed the WHOIS information back to public on October 15, 2012. Please re-evaluate. Thanks Scott