hatfieldmedia.com

RStone55

RE: hatfieldmedia.com

Post by RStone55 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:02 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
Claims without any proof.

And "tons of downvotes"? Ok.
[/quote]

I am not going to post on this open forum but yes, we know of some not so nice actions going on with one of our competitors. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

Am I missing something about the comments and downvotes? Why would positive reviews of a business receive (comments section) get 4+ downvotes? I could see a spam site or MLM or insecure/deceptive sites receive negative responses, but why a legit business which is following the rules and recommendations?

spectre

Post by spectre » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:54 pm

<quote user="drake.hatfield">
I am not going to post on this open forum but yes, we know of some not so nice actions going on with one of our competitors. Feel free to PM me if you would like more info.

[/quote]

If you have evidence of this please send it to support@mywot.com. Site evaluations are not the place to discuss unsubstantiated allegations.

RStone55

Post by RStone55 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:05 pm

<quote user="shazza">
If you have evidence of this please send it to support@mywot.com. Site evaluations are not the place to discuss unsubstantiated allegations.
[/quote]

Correct, which is why I refused to elaborate. not My original post focused on us wanting to be in good standing with WOT and the community. Iam already in talks with support on the other issue.

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:10 am

<quote user="flacnvinyl">
[/quote]

Please stop spreading rumors that you can't prove.

Am I missing something about the comments and downvotes? Why would positive reviews of a business receive (comments section) get 4+ downvotes?
[/quote]

Because people disagree.

4+ downvotes? Where?

RStone55

Post by RStone55 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:43 pm

@Kraftwerk - No one is spreading rumors. I made one offhand comment which you asked for more details. Its not a rumor if there is a pattern of abuse, I am just not going to post all the details here.

In regards to the downvotes here is one example...

https://i.imgur.com/TrEaQn5.png

Why 3 downvotes? Its like that on every positive comment. All reviews at this point are from WOT users after we started this review thread so I genuinely would like to know why we are receiving any negative WOT reviews. We are completely trustworthy and kid-safe, so the negativity baffles me. If you have any insights I would love to hear them!

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:01 pm

@Kraftwerk - No one is spreading rumors. I made one offhand comment which you asked for more details. Its not a rumor if there is a pattern of abuse, I am just not going to post all the details here.
[/quote]
You do. You claim something and say the evidence is secret. Which is, if i might say so, ridiculous.

In regards to the downvotes here is one example...

://i.imgur.com/TrEaQn5.png

Why 3 downvotes? Its like that on every positive comment. All reviews at this point are from WOT users after we started this review thread so I genuinely would like to know why we are receiving any negative WOT reviews. We are completely trustworthy and kid-safe, so the negativity baffles me. If you have any insights I would love to hear them!
[/quote]
you said something about 4+ downvotes. Which is, again, not true.
About downvotes: If people disagree, they can downvote. I understand that lots of people have a problem with freedom of speech. At least if others dont agree with their opinion.

Btw, i think agreeing votes do not count as "manipulation", right? ;)

And about the chosen post: This woman is wellknown here and one of the least experienced members.

Btw, mywot has millions of users. even 100 downvotes isnt [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mywot.com#comment-65607425 t=_self]much [/url]

RStone55

Post by RStone55 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:06 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
You do. You claim something and say the evidence is secret. Which is, if i might say so, ridiculous.

you said something about 4+ downvotes. Which is, again, not true.
About downvotes: If people disagree, they can downvote. I understand that lots of people have a problem with freedom of speech. At least if others dont agree with their opinion.

Btw, i think agreeing votes do not count as "manipulation", right? ;)

And about the chosen post: This woman is wellknown here and one of the lowest trusted members.

Btw, mywot has millions of users. even 100 downvotes isnt [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mywot.com#comment-65607425 t=_self]much [/url]
[/quote]

The +4 downvotes on 3 comments was true when I wrote it. Someone changed their vote. The screenshot I sent was just one comment. If you look at our scorecard you can see the others.

No one has really fielded my question though. We currently have a low score, not green, for both security and child safety. Do you think that is justified?

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:32 pm

No one has really fielded my question though. We currently have a low score, not green, for both security and child safety. Do you think that is justified?
[/quote]

I dont know. But i also dont know why to trust you.

RStone55

Post by RStone55 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
I dont know. But i also dont know why to trust you.
[/quote]

According to WOT rules we should have the following:

1. Have a privacy policy: Check. Its there in the footer.

2. Have clear information on the company: Check. Our contact page and the footer have our phone number and address as well as all our social media accounts.

3. Be easy to reach: Check. We have a contact form and multiple modes of communication available.

Does the above not provide enough reasons to trust the site in addition to SSL etc.

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:58 pm

According to WOT rules we should have the following:

1. Have a privacy policy: Check. Its there in the footer.

2. Have clear information on the company: Check. Our contact page and the footer have our phone number and address as well as all our social media accounts.

3. Be easy to reach: Check. We have a contact form and multiple modes of communication available.

Does the above not provide enough reasons to trust the site in addition to SSL etc.
[/quote]

This can be found on malware or right winged extremists sites too.

Don't get me wrong. you might be a trustworthy person, running a trustworthy site. But i don't know enough to say yes, you are! And saying "our reputaion is manipulated, but i wont show proof" won't help.