keavyscorner.com

RE: keavyscorner.com

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 am

Alcohol was a medicine once.

Whiskey,made by monks was called The Water of Life.In fact that is were the word Whiskey comes from.It was made largely for medical purposes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisky

People have used Alcohol has a physical and mental anaesthetic for years.Still do.

When people have a cold a Hot Toddy is often cited has a good cure.Whiskey and hot Water.

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:24 am

<quote user="deceased">
"Alcohol was a medicine once."
[/quote]

Echo that.

For thousands of years people in Britain drank beer rather than water because drinking beer was safer than drinking water. In France people used wine in a similar manner.

As I previously noted, if a few crackpots want to believe that drinking bleach cures all ills then that is their problem, and not mine or anyone else's. The guff about forcing children to drink bleach is scaremongering by a biased cohort, and has nothing to do with the site in question.

mentalist3d

Post by mentalist3d » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:47 am

Alcohol is still used as a medicine, especially in Scotland. If you have a cold, you heat up a glass of whisky and add sugar. Its called a Hot Toddy and it is used as a cure for the flu and cold. I have also seen whisky sold as medicine (through advertising) on this basis.

Kaffeetante

Post by Kaffeetante » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Mentalist, Jazspeak, IssViews or Deceased

will anyone of you please show me some promotion for whiskey or another alcohol which propagades that it is healthy? That you have to drink it to become healthy? That drinking protects you against cancer, hiv, viruses or bacteriums btw. all kind auf illness? That you have to use it as the last chance if you have a disease like cancer or hiv? Please, only one.

And please the same for promotion from cigarettes, tabac, cigarrs (please not the e-cigarettes, I know, that they all claim that that is a healthy form of smoking and they all selled on mlm-scam).

Thanks for your joint efforts.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:44 pm

It is unclear exactly when and who invented this “water of life” or aqua vitae. Through Latin texts translated by Irish monks, we only know that the techniques of distillation were brought to the British Isles in the mid-thirteenth century and the first registration of this drink dates from 1494 when King James IV of Scotland, ordered the Friar John Cor, on Islay, off the southwest coast of the country, to make “… seven bolts of malt.”
It’s also assumed that the origin of the techniques of distillation were discovered by the Europeans in the East, during the Crusades.

The term “water of life” it’s because medicine was its first application and that’s why, in the sixteenth century in Edinburgh, the king granted the exclusive privilege of the distillation to Surgeons Barbers Corporation.

Colds and congestion have, historically, been treated quite effectively with a “hot toddy.” Toddies usually contain varying amounts of liquor, usually whiskey, along with herbal ingredients that are popular in a variety of home remedies.

Now comes a more scientific discovery for whisky health benefits. Last week, on a meeting of the Association of American Physicians, Dr. Harold George Wolff of Cornell reported that their experiments found that two ounces of 90-proof whiskey raises the “threshold” of pain 45% for two hours, and that if a five-grain tablet of aspirin is added, any pain can be dulled for four hours. This could be a good treatment for “persons suffering continuously,” especially cancer victims. In his own words: “It is cheaper than morphine. … Of course alcohol is habit-forming but an alcohol habit is less difficult to deal with than a morphine habit.”

source

http://healthmad.com/alternative/the-health-benefits-of-whiskey/

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Life-saving reason for drinking beer rather than water. See http://www.localhistories.org/drink.html especially the section titled, "Drinks and Beverages in the 16th Century and 17th Century", which accurately states, "In the 16th century it was not safe to drink water so for ordinary people drinking ale or beer was essential. Young children drank milk but usually only the poorest people drank water.".

Surgical spirits is a form of distilled alcohol and is extensively used by the medical profession for disinfection and sterilisation. Bleach is used in hospitals for disinfection of rooms, surfaces, and equipment. Very dilute bleach is also commonly used for sterilising feed bottles for use by babies. Even more dilute bleach is used for water purification to make the water potable.

Most of the guff that I have read in this thread and in the scorecard comments about bleach being harmful takes no account of dosage and is mostly sensationalist nonsense. Of course, drinking bleach in high concentrations and dosages is nothing short of life-threatening stupidity, but adding bleach in the correct quantities or dosage to contaminated water can help to save lives by making contaminated water drinkable. The adverse comments are clearly from those who have focussed on the beliefs of a small number of people who believe that adding bleach to water will cure a range of illnesses. The OP site makes no such claims and is not responsible for the absurd beliefs of the few.

It is of further concern to note that the adverse comments are, in many cases, verging on libellous, insofar as they claim that the site is engaged in phishing and other scams, whereas there is no evidence to support those allegations. Such libellous allegations only prove that some WOT members are not only ignorant but also willing to go to libellous lengths to promote their own beliefs.

Kaffeetante

Post by Kaffeetante » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:54 pm

@Jazspeek and Deceased

Unforuntatelly my english is to bad that you are able to understand what I'm asking for. I'm not asking for the past, the 14. or 15. century, when people died at an age of averagely 35 or 40 years, when there was no hygienic standards for (example) for (drinking) water supply and treatment and millons of people died on pestilence, cholera and only having bad teeth.

I'm asking for a ACTUELL promoting campange for alcohol or tabac which tolds, that you get healthy while consume it. I'm asking for (as example) internet sites where I can find textes like this:
Many cancers have been healed in this way, and I hear about it since many people have phoned me stating that their cancer is gone.
These new improvements maybe what quite a few people are waiting for. Some people have had problems overcoming herpes, and others have had problems with candida. There are those standard diseases that appear on occasions to be especially resistant in certain people to MMS. We keep finding new ways to improve the action of MMS. Or we just find ways to improve the reaction time so that one gets well faster.
In Malawi when we ran out of MMS1, I had people take one gelatin capsule size zero with MMS2 in it 5 times a day to treat the HIV condition, and it worked. We used it successfully on about 200 people in Malawi but also on hundreds of people before I was in Malawi and recently in the Dominican Republic
I*m asking for sites from people, companies, firms which earns their money with selling alcohol or tabac - and where I can read, that if I drink or smoke I become more healthier, can protect me before illness or that it will heal cancer, hiv, viruses, bacteriums - all kinds of illness like mms. Please.

@Deceased
Association of American Physicians, Dr. Harold George Wolff of Cornell
Please tell me: does they earn their money with selling alcohol or tabac?

And only for your information: Selling from MMS is forbidden in many contries, for example in Canada
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/advisories-avis/_2010/2010_74-eng.php
also in france, swiss and germany.
If it is found for example in the post from the customs authority it will be seized and there is the opportunity to get an complaint. So, people which buy mms from (only for example) the TO, have to pay for the snake oil and in unfortunatelly cases for an complaint without getting the snake oil.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Tonic Wine.

What does the word Tonic imply.Mostly to people of my generation,a Tonic is health giving.If unwell you go for a Tonic.So selling Tonic Wine would imply health giving.

In order to broaden its appeal the Tonic was changed slightly from a rather severe patent medicine to a smoother, more mature medicated wine.
Having taken on the marketing of "Buckfast" the distributing company adopted a reserved promotional approach resulting in the widespread appreciation of the product nationally and internationally.

Source:
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1646

Wincarnis has been drunk for 120 years for its health benefits by new mums after child-birth, by those recovering from an operation or those simply wanting a 'pick me up'. In the 1920s, it was actually prescribed by doctors in the UK because of its positive effects.

Since it was first produced in 1887, Wincarnis has been drunk for its health benefits, and over 120 years later people are still sipping the tonic.

Source:

http://www.itzcaribbean.com/wincarnistonicwine.php

Now let me ask you a question.I can back up my answer.Will that change your Rating?

Kaffeetante

Post by Kaffeetante » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:42 pm

<quote user="deceased">
Tonic Wine.

What does the word Tonic imply.Mostly to people of my generation,a Tonic is health giving.If unwell you go for a Tonic.So selling Tonic Wine would imply health giving.

In order to broaden its appeal the Tonic was changed slightly from a rather severe patent medicine to a smoother, more mature medicated wine.
Having taken on the marketing of "Buckfast" the distributing company adopted a reserved promotional approach resulting in the widespread appreciation of the product nationally and internationally.

Source:
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1646

Wincarnis has been drunk for 120 years for its health benefits by new mums after child-birth, by those recovering from an operation or those simply wanting a 'pick me up'. In the 1920s, it was actually prescribed by doctors in the UK because of its positive effects.

Since it was first produced in 1887, Wincarnis has been drunk for its health benefits, and over 120 years later people are still sipping the tonic.

Source:

http://www.itzcaribbean.com/wincarnistonicwine.php

Now let me ask you a question.I can back up my answer.Will that change your Rating?
[/quote]

Sorry, I can't read anything about cancer, hiv, bacteriums or viruses.

Should I now bring you medicine studies about wine and it's ingredients - but, no one sells it against cancer, hiv, virusis, bacteriums, cholera, malaria or diseases like that.

I*ve shown you a few texts from the propaganda for mms - I only want you to show me ONE text for alcohol or tabac where I can read the same promises.

You can't see the way you bring your "arguments" ab absurdum by yourself?

And - no, I'm not change my rating - because I live in a country where mms is forbidden. And I hope, that the red button is a warning for people to inform her-/himselfes about the laws and the risk to loose their money because the customers authority will seize the illegal post.

Edit:
Oh. one more thing: Do you know the story of coca-cola? Will you be so pleasent to tell it to us? And - will you be so pleasant to tell us something about the propaganda of coca-cola today? :D
Only to see the relations and your example of the history and propaganda on your "tonic wine". :D

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:04 pm

<quote user="kaffeetante">
"I'm asking for a ACTUELL promoting campange for alcohol or tabac which tolds, that you get healthy while consume it. I'm asking for (as example) internet sites where I can find textes..."
[/quote]

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/red-wine/HB00089

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20156382

http://www.drnorrie.info/html/article_winechronology.html

http://www.articlesbase.com/health-articles/the-medicinal-qualities-of-wine-425447.html

I think that tobacco is universally recognised as being unhealthy, so I didn't bother looking for any claims that tobacco is in any way healthy.