mylife.com

RE: mylife.com

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:22 pm

at the bottom of wink.com you see "Copyright © 2011 MyLife.com, Inc"

Wink.com is a data-mined people search engine and they do not offer an easy way to exclude yourself. If you want to TRY to remove yourself you will have to contact them and give them even more personal information. That is not a good idea!

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:16 pm

In reference to the request to re evaluate this site =
I have not found any reason to change my rating and comment

Stay away !
from this site -

tellonem

Post by tellonem » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:17 pm

You have many places to go to to bargain for a better rating.

abcnews.go.com
complaintsboard.com
consumeraffairs.com
dailyfinance.com
sitejabber.com

just to name a few. After you have convince every person who submitted a complaint, you may have many more to contact. Remember, don't lose any sleep.

mainid

Post by mainid » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:41 pm

On 1-7-2012 the site asked me to:
The following site owners have requested for their site's reputation to be re-evaluated. Please read their requests on the forum and see if your ratings and comments are still relevant.

- http://www.mywot.com/scorecard/mylife.com
Read the request here: http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/19124-mylife-com

I don't see any reason to change my initial review, if you Scam/Spam then, what has changed?

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:14 am

They will continue to request a new evaluation. I have noticed that some of the smaller sites I rated around the same time as their website, have had their ratings dropped. I guess they have went to my profile and are "trying to stick it to me".

HansTheBlueFrog

Post by HansTheBlueFrog » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:13 am

No thanks, I'll stand by my rating.

Frank J

Post by Frank J » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:19 pm

<quote user="treston">
This is just another data-mining company collecting people's information. On a Firefox browser you cannot even view search results without signing up. After registering with a 10minute e-mail account, I cannot tell if it is even possible to remove your personal information if they have it in their database.

Every page wants more information or money. I would highly recommend any rookie computer users to stay as far away from this website as possible. I have seen their TV commercials, their clever gimmick is "find who is searching for you", so Grandma Susie goes there and enters her information and now they database that information, and then throw 20 popups at her and emails wanting money to go further.

STAY AWAY
[/quote]One of the reasons I rated them red and I receive so much spam about this site and I never opted into their services. The site needs to be sand boxed by Google!

Frank J

Post by Frank J » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Consistent spam when I never opted into the service in the first place. The site is a scam and offers nothing free as it says. I stand by my rating and please don't send me another reconsider message!

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Get live updates for over 700 million profiles across
all social networks, including Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter

including = not limited to.
Makes one wonder about the breach of privacy between "social network" sites and the incorporation of data, including personal data "shared" within this service via those sites.

mylife.com
resides on IP: 216.52.223.150 PTR: highschoolalumni.com

Code: Select all

http://216.52.223.150/
redirects to: mylife.com

Code: Select all

http://highschoolalumni.com/
redirects to: mylife.com
addressbook.com
myaddressbook.com
whoislookingforyou.com
whoissearchingforyou.com
whosesearchingforyou.com
whossearchingforyou.com
goodcontacts.com
reuniondating.com | 216.52.223.149

MX servers for: mylife.com:
razor.reunion.com
razordc.reunion.com

Domains sharing mail servers
reunion.com
seemysearches.com
webrecord.com
wink.com
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;tags.wink.com aka: tagomatic.org (64.13.136.12)

classmates.com | 208.84.41.110
memorylane.com
memorylane.co
awalkdown-memorylane.com
beforetheywerestars.com
clasmat.com
classmat.net
classmats.com
classmtes.com
clasmate.net
classmates.net
classsmates.com
classmates.us
classmates-reunion-center.net
classmatesconnections.com
classmatesconnections.com
classmatesmilitary.net
classmatesreunion.com
classmatesyearbooks.com
highschools.com
memorylanetv.biz
memorylanetelevision.biz
yearbookarchive.biz

cmcdn.com | 208.84.41.111
classmatesconnections.net
classmatesdate.com
ecircles.com
elifestyle.us
high-school.com
highschool.com
yearbookarchives.biz

Many domains listed above redirect to: classmates.com
There are many more ...
Why list these domains, what do they have to do with the OP: mylife.com?
They are the same corporate entity and they share information about an individual between themselves and their third-party interests, which is how a site generates revenue for it's "free services."
Not to mention it's easier to use a domain that redirects to another rather than using a short URL service - better tracking.

In Europe, the ClassMates.com equivalent is the StayFriends network; ex: stayfriends.de, stayfriends.com, stayfriends.at, etc., etc.
This is global and it's big money, for example: unitedonline.net trading (NASDAQ) as: [url=http://quotes.wsj.com/UNTD t=_self]UNTD[/url]
Just look at the footer links on: mypoints.com

About the BBB - [url=http://www.la.bbb.org/business-reviews/Information-Search-Retrieval-Services/My-Life-in-Santa-Monica-CA-13177175 t=_self]MyLife[/url]
Awhile back the BBB was investigated for favoring businesses which were "accredited" (paid subscribers) over those who are not. Before this investigation, the "complaints" section used to list *all* complaints the BBB received: open / closed (closed by business, closed by BBB / closed from lack of "follow-up"). After the allegations of "pay for grade" the BBB changed it's entire site and layout, now all we see are complaints closed with BBB which makes me wonder how many complaints are open which have not been "resolved" [yet]. Also understand not everyone who has issues with an online business ever files a formal complaint to the BBB = it's a small fraction of people who take the time to do so, so the "result of resolved complaints" the BBB is showing is a very small number of actual complaints against a business. Those business who do not pay for BBB Accreditation and receive 1 complaint earn a rating of F - makes one wonder about the viability of the BBB

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:35 am

Here are a few more. Note that NOT all TLDs (.biz, .com, .info, .net, .org, .us, etc) of a given domain belong to mylife et al; so if you are tempted to fill in any you think I've missed, first check the whois and/or view the site.

List of domains/hosts

a.cmcdn.com
clasmat.net
clasmat.org
clasmate.com
clasmate.org
classmat.com
classmat.org
classmates-reunion-center.com
classmatesconnections.org
classmatesmilitary.com
classmatesyearbooks.net