mylife.com

apollogod

RE: mylife.com

Post by apollogod » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Sorry my rating will not change. Mylife.com is a scam site.

thomassisson

Post by thomassisson » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks to Myxt for researching other websites owned by the same company. I will check my junk folder more frequently because those websites sound familiar.

As far as updating the mylife.com rating, they got what they deserved. I really did sign up for the group. I read MyLife's privacy page and other information pages. I followed instructions to unsubscribe, but I continue to get email from the website. MyLife is panicking because WOT is becoming well-known and they are only concerned about profit.

pepperjack

Post by pepperjack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:33 pm

<quote user="g7w">
Many domains listed above redirect to: classmates.com
There are many more ...
Why list these domains, what do they have to do with the OP: mylife.com?
They are the same corporate entity and they share information about an individual between themselves and their third-party interests, which is how a site generates revenue for it's "free services."
Not to mention it's easier to use a domain that redirects to another rather than using a short URL service - better tracking.
[/quote]

Classmates.com is not affiliated with MyLife.com in any way (despite what the article links above might say). Those articles are simply wrong and the information gets repeated over and over until people think it is true. Entirely different companies.

The extra domain names are simply used to capture misspellings and closely related names that a competitor or leach might want to grab, a common defensive practice on the net.

Also, Classmates was never "rebranded" as MyLife.com. This also is inaccurate and gets repeated a lot (probably because of those articles).

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:35 am

rated as it should be and i refuse to re-evaluate.

@Pepperjack
YOU ARE EVIL! OK, over reacted. What you are saying is not true.

Meenzal

Post by Meenzal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:16 am

I fully believe that the good ratings (all from rookie WOT accounts) are fake attempts on your part to try to improve your ratings; Just more sewage from the crooks you are.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Please keep it civil, folks, per [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/4908-forum-guidelines t=_blank]Forum Guidelines.[/url]

pepperjack

Post by pepperjack » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 am

<quote user="link28">
rated as it should be and i refuse to re-evaluate.

@Pepperjack
YOU ARE EVIL! OK, over reacted. What you are saying is not true.
[/quote]

One is a public company, the other is private. A public company can not masquerade as a private company. It is just not possible from an accounting perspective and I'm not sure what that would accomplish anyway.

Read the articles more carefully. Read the first sentence of the courthouse article. They are simply restating text from the class action claim. I could state that the sky is green in a class action claim, doesn't make it fact.

The other two articles also repeat contents of the same claim. The publishers don't need to correct anything, they are simply publishing what the claim says. And the claim is simply wrong in this one respect.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 am

@pepperjack
Oh, please. Restating text doesn't mean it's not true. I will not change my mind on anything to do with this site.

jclferreira

Post by jclferreira » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 am

If is spam, you get scam ; )

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:20 am

@pepperjack
Two hit men in the same jail cell could try to create a distraction by focusing on the fact that they do not know each other. That fact would be superfluous. The behaviors of the two entities' in question are so similar that they invite the question of their relationship; yet the lack of any relationship would not make their behavior any more palatable.