particlenews.com

particlemedia

particlenews.com

Post by particlemedia » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:15 am

Site URL: http://particlenews.com
Scorecard: View scorecard

Introduction:
We are providing personalized news to our users.

I am not sure why you ranks us as not trustworthy. Please fix it ASAP.

Has privacy policy?
https://www.particlenews.com/privacy

Has a way for users to contact site owners?
No: info@particlenews.com

Whois Information:
http://whois.domaintools.com/particlenews.com

Disclaimer:
This post was generated automatically. All information is as entered by the site owner.

williKi

RE: particlenews.com

Post by williKi » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:51 pm

By the comments, for many years this domain appeared to have spam issues. Per ICANN, there are indications that this domain has changed hands hxxps://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=particlenews.com. ENOM is the registrar. Why are you using a proxy (WHOISGUARD, INC. ) as a contact? Not listed in HP Hosts, IP: 162.255.119.251 traces to Namecheap, Inc. One of our members noted: "The login page routes your username and password through a server that uses CloudFlare, and is thus has potential MITM vulnerabilities, which SSL Labs cannot detect, as the CloudFlare node is the server for all they know." Checking Spamhaus, this domain is listed with DBL, probably because of the previous owners hxxp://www.spamhaus.org/dbl/removal/record/particlenews.com. I do not believe that I will rate at this time.

particlemedia

Post by particlemedia » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:41 pm

We acquired this domain name particlenews.com at March, 2015. There was no record that this domain was previously owned.
WhoisGuard is offered by our domain host service as free 1 year service by default.
As mentioned, we are startup trying to help our users to get personalized news reading experience. Please try it out.

We will contact Spamhaus for their rating.

particlemedia

Post by particlemedia » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:01 pm

Please adjust our rating.. The comments are not for our site. Our site is particlenews.com.

We put a lot of efforts to build this site. Please don't judge us based on random comments.

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:04 am

Hello and welcome to WOT.

Your site appears to be safe and the news articles appear to come from sources that are mostly valid.
I take issue with your privacy policy, which make reference to "networkadvertising.org", whom I do not consider to be a trustworthy business entity. They have issues regarding privacy, thus some of your third-party adverts are problematic and, IMHO, should be avoided.

[green]Rated[/green] but with conditions.

particlemedia

Post by particlemedia » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:14 am

<quote user="a440">
Hello and welcome to WOT.

Your site appears to be safe and the news articles appear to come from sources that are mostly valid.
I take issue with your privacy policy, which make reference to "networkadvertising.org", whom I do not consider to be a trustworthy business entity. They have issues regarding privacy, thus some of your third-party adverts are problematic and, IMHO, should be avoided.

[green]Rated[/green] but with conditions.
[/quote]

Hi,
I don't see anywhere in our privacy statement referencing "networkadvertisting.org". There are only two statements mentioning advertising, which quote as follow:

"DO NOT TRACK AND ONLINE BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING

Particle Media does not engage in online behavioral advertising or tracking that tailors ads to you based on your visits to Our Web sites or your use of Our Apps. Particle Media does not respond to a browser’s Do Not Track signal."

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Check the link on the privacy page, inside your copy. It points to "networkadvertisting.org"
That is how I found it.