Please review crpierpont.wixsite.com/anotherera

Craig505

Please review crpierpont.wixsite.com/anotherera

Post by Craig505 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Please review my site. There is no reason for it to be rated "Unsafe" after 2 years.

• Site URL: hxxps://crpierpont.wixsite.com/anotherera
• Scorecard: www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/anotherera.com
• Introduction: This ia a Web Page for Another Era Lutherie. Harps and Historic

Instruments.
• Privacy policy: This site does not have a posted privacy policy. There is nothing on

this site that warrants it. Aside from the optional contact form submission, this site

has nothing that interacts with the viewer.
• Contact the site owners: hxxps://crpierpont.wixsite.com/anotherera/contact. The site

also lists a mailing address and a contact e-mail address.
• Whois information: Since this site is in a subdirectory, a Whois search will only return info on the wixsite domain. (hxxp://whois.domaintools.com/wixsite.com)

Thanks

A440

Re: Please review crpierpont.wixsite.com/anotherera

Post by A440 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:31 am

Hello and welcome to WOT.

Your site appears to be safe, however you would still want a simple privacy policy, stating what you do with people's browsing data, etcetera.
You should include a privacy statement for the site.
You site is not enabled for HTTPS, which you might want to consider though you do not process transactions through your site, thus that may not be so important.

Once you have inserted a privacy statement, I would be happy to rate your site positively.

Craig505

Post by Craig505 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm

So you are saying a 5 page site that does nothing that touches the viewers' privacy, needs a 6th page to say that there is nothing to say except that there is nothing to say, or else the WOT community will *by Default* tell the entire web that my site is "Not Safe" with no evidence that this is remotely true?
Also, do you have any evidence that reworking the site to meet this requirement would effect the WOT rating at all? I have another site that has been active for over 10 years, has a posted privacy policy and has been submitted for this WOT forum review and still rates as "Unknown". If I had a shop full of employees to click ratings on a site, could I not get anything rated "Safe".

A440

Post by A440 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:59 pm

Craig505 wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 pm
So you are saying a 5 page site that does nothing that touches the viewers' privacy, needs a 6th page to say that there is nothing to say except that there is nothing to say . . .
Sites that do business do need a privacy policy to explain how and if a visitor's data is used. A simple disclaimer that states that no data is kept or used by the site would be sufficient.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:10 pm

The site being evaluated in this thread is a wixsite.com subdomain which inherits reputation from the average reputations of sites already rated on WOT within the wixsite.com domain.

This gets overridden when there is enough rating confidence to have a rating of its own.

A440 pointed out your main site anotherera.com has no HTTPS, however you will have to check with your webhost about installing it as Wix can protect all wixsite.com subdomains at once with a single wildcard certificate.