tallguysfree.com

TallGuysFree

RE: tallguysfree.com

Post by TallGuysFree » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:50 pm

I have given up with WOT and removed the badge from the security page. I wish WOT required comments. I am more than willing to fix problems. Reporting sites as red doesn't make the web a better place.. making them known is. We all want a safer web... and a red rating won't solve anything without knowing why.

Farewell :'(

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:21 pm

I have given up with WOT and removed the badge from the security page. I wish WOT required comments. I am more than willing to fix problems. Reporting sites as red doesn't make the web a better place.. making them known is. We all want a safer web... and a red rating won't solve anything without knowing why.

Just so you know the Child Safety rating is no longer red, bit has been raised to yellow.

TallGuysFree

Post by TallGuysFree » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Marked as privacy risk again.

Yet we have an incredibly detailed privacy policy.. even including CalOPPA, COPPA, CAN SPAM, Fair Information Practices, Do Not Track.. which is above 90% of the websites today. I don't understand :(

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Marked as privacy risk again.

Yet we have an incredibly detailed privacy policy.. even including CalOPPA, COPPA, CAN SPAM, Fair Information Practices, Do Not Track.. which is above 90% of the websites today. I don't understand :(

@TallGuysFree
I'm unsure how well you understand WOT's reputation system. Please note that WOT currently estimates the confidence level (FAQ) of the Trustworthiness score which it calculated for your site as very low. It currently estimates that its Child Safely calculation is even less reliable. The low confidence might typically indicate that very few people with known reliability (Wiki) have submitted ratings and/or that the ratings which were submitted by different people have too large of a statistical variance to signify confidence. With additional ratings, your site's two scores may change drastically, for better or worse.

WOT expects its community members who rate sites to be responsive to a site-owner's concerns, but it doesn't absolutely require them to post their explanations to site evaluations or to scorecards. Unfortunately, too few members have been willing to help you with your site evaluation so far.

TallGuysFree

Post by TallGuysFree » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:30 am

@TallGuysFree
I'm unsure how well you understand WOT's reputation system. Please note that WOT currently estimates the confidence level (FAQ) of the Trustworthiness score which it calculated for your site as very low. It currently estimates that its Child Safely calculation is even less reliable. The low confidence might typically indicate that very few people with known reliability (Wiki) have submitted ratings and/or that the ratings which were submitted by different people have too large of a statistical variance to signify confidence. With additional ratings, your site's two scores may change drastically, for better or worse.

WOT expects its community members who rate sites to be responsive to a site-owner's concerns, but it doesn't absolutely require them to post their explanations to site evaluations or to scorecards. Unfortunately, too few members have been willing to help you with your site evaluation so far.

You're right. It does not require them to post an explanation.
The reason there are no comments is because there is no proof or evidence. It's just people with nothing better to do than ruin reputation - including WOT's trustworthyness.

procyon

Post by procyon » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:02 am

Hello,

I rated your site a week ago without any comment in light green, I disagreed with the yellow rating (it's only my opinion). Also I didn't find any shocking or abusive pictures. I noticed that your site was flagged for privacy issue. Maybe you can add in your privacy policy a link to the piwigo privacy? I don't know how works piwigo, but is it possible with the user role to remove pictures when they have been uploaded? Do you check pictures before publishing them? You could also add these elements in your privacy policy.

Your about page is empty (you could remove it or write some words about your site).

---Edit

Still in my opinion, I think that your introduction:
"Not enough ratings." didn't help to involve members in your thread. You can contact support and kindly ask them if they can change this content with a new one which will introduce your site.

To contact the MyWOT Support: https://www.mywot.com/fr/contact => Support request => other.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

Hi. After seeing the following tweet:
https://twitter.com/bad_packets/status/941374119395803136/photo/1

I have decided to remove my rating. I do not consider crypto-miners embedded in a webpage to be a legitimate piece of software. In addition, I have noticed that Coinhive is quite popular with pirated content websites like TPB (I believe their biggest miner).

TallGuysFree

Re: tallguysfree.com

Post by TallGuysFree » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 am

Hi Site-rater,

Please let me explain:

I found a website powered by Cloudflare running coinhive and wanted to report it to Cloudflare. I did so, and I was pretty shocked when they replied saying "I was wrong" and it wasn't against their rules. Because I couldn't find much public info about it not being against rules, I decided to update the Community post, so others would not have to search.

Tall Guys Free does NOT endorse it. We never have and never will have it on our site - not even the opt-in version. The Community post was made to correct incorrect information.

Site-rater

Re: tallguysfree.com

Post by Site-rater » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:14 am

TallGuysFree wrote: ↑
Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 am
Hi Site-rater,

Please let me explain:

I found a website powered by Cloudflare running coinhive and wanted to report it to Cloudflare. I did so, and I was pretty shocked when they replied saying "I was wrong" and it wasn't against their rules. Because I couldn't find much public info about it not being against rules, I decided to update the Community post, so others would not have to search.

Tall Guys Free does NOT endorse it. We never have and never will have it on our site - not even the opt-in version. The Community post was made to correct incorrect information.
In light of this explanation I have removed my rating.