the-end-time.blogspot.com

esiena

RE: the-end-time.blogspot.com

Post by esiena » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 pm

DestinationTruth, to my memory, in having written over 3000 articles, I have not removed any. Perhaps you are thinking of a different site. Please, refrain from personal attacks. Thank you

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:07 pm

<quote user="esiena">
DestinationTruth, to my memory, in having written over 3000 articles, I have not removed any. Perhaps you are thinking of a different site. Please, refrain from personal attacks. Thank you
[/quote]

Don't think so; but keep trying to convince others.

A440

Post by A440 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:54 am

While this blog is safe enough, it is of the blood and guts Jesus and the wrathful-god-of-vengeance genre.
Caveat emptor applies here too but then that is only my opinion.

esiena

Post by esiena » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:22 am

<quote user="a440">
While this blog is safe enough, it is of the blood and guts Jesus and the wrathful-god-of-vengeance genre.
Caveat emptor applies here too but then that is only my opinion.
[/quote]

thank you for taking the time to review it. I appreciate it so much.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:12 am

OK, I didn't expect to be here; but with the water currently past the bridge, it seems necessary.

Because this site's technical safety checks out fine, I took the time to read several pages - after all, the technical safety of financial scam and hate sites is usually good, so it's important to look further.

As I read, the words "heretic" and "heresy" repeatedly appeared in excessively judgmental dialogue: This person is a heretic. Those people are heretics. Here a heretic, there a heretic, everywhere are heretics - like a weird version of the song about Old MacDonald's Farm. Apparently, even Catholics and the Pope are heretics.

Well, I'm not going to read the whole site, so I got a rough count of currently Google-indexed pages, and a rough count of occurrences of the word "heretic": about one per page. I realize the count is very rough, and I appreciate the wiggle room for criticism afforded by the U.S. Constitution.

I also realize that many religious people consider it their sworn duty to judge others - never mind that the Bible says that God said humans do not have that authority - "Judgement is Mine, sayeth the Lord." and "Judge not, lest you likewise be judged." and so on - so I will skip this contradiction and go secular.

Historically and currently, "heretic" is the "N-word" of religion and heresy "deserves" severe retribution:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heresy
"Heresy is any provocative belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs. The term is usually used to refer to violations of important religious teachings, but is used also of views strongly opposed to any generally accepted ideas."

Not just any old belief or theory, but a provocative one: a seditious one which provokes or incites. To be so strongly at variance as to violate suggests willful disobedience of majority rule such as established beliefs or customs. So I question whether this "Church of the End Time" has the requisite majority and authority in the world to "establish" beliefs or customs or even generally accepted ideas against which heresy may be committed according to the above definition.

No, it does not; but it pretends that it does. Nevertheless, I stopped short of adding the "Misleading claims" category.

esiena

Post by esiena » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:10 am

<quote user="myxt">
OK, I didn't expect to be here; but with the water currently past the bridge, it seems necessary.

Because this site's technical safety checks out fine, I took the time to read several pages - after all, the technical safety of financial scam and hate sites is usually good, so it's important to look further.

As I read, the words "heretic" and "heresy" repeatedly appeared in excessively judgmental dialogue: This person is a heretic. Those people are heretics. Here a heretic, there a heretic, everywhere are heretics - like a weird version of the song about Old MacDonald's Farm. Apparently, even Catholics and the Pope are heretics.

Well, I'm not going to read the whole site, so I got a rough count of currently Google-indexed pages, and a rough count of occurrences of the word "heretic": about one per page. I realize the count is very rough, and I appreciate the wiggle room for criticism afforded by the U.S. Constitution.

I also realize that many religious people consider it their sworn duty to judge others - never mind that the Bible says that God said humans do not have that authority - "Judgement is Mine, sayeth the Lord." and "Judge not, lest you likewise be judged." and so on - so I will skip this contradiction and go secular.

Historically and currently, "heretic" is the "N-word" of religion and heresy "deserves" severe retribution:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heresy
"Heresy is any provocative belief or theory that is strongly at variance with established beliefs or customs. The term is usually used to refer to violations of important religious teachings, but is used also of views strongly opposed to any generally accepted ideas."

Not just any old belief or theory, but a provocative one: a seditious one which provokes or incites. To be so strongly at variance as to violate suggests willful disobedience of majority rule such as established beliefs or customs. So I question whether this "Church of the End Time" has the requisite majority and authority in the world to "establish" beliefs or customs or even generally accepted ideas against which heresy may be committed according to the above definition.

No, it does not; but it pretends that it does. Nevertheless, I stopped short of adding the "Misleading claims" category.
[/quote]

Hello Mixt,

Thank you for going secular. You do not have a proper understanding of the duty of all Christians to protect the purity of the church and contend for doctrine. You fell into the trap of misusing the most misused verse in all of the bible: Mt 7's "Judge not."

No one judges salvation except Jesus. I do not judge salvation. However all Christians are charged with judging the doctrine one is being taught. If that were not the case, the Bereans would not be considered noble for doing so. (Acts 17:1.)

We all have a duty to warn,reprove and rebuke. Heretics come to kill, steal, and destroy. They blaspheme Jesus and slay the sheep. We are told not to stand idly by while this happens. Here are a few verses--

As for those who persist in sin, rebuke them in the presence of all, so that the rest may stand in fear. 1 Tim 5:20

Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. Eph 5:11

Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 2 Timothy 4:2

This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith. Titus 1:13

I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; Acts 20:29

"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. Matthew 7:15

and so on.

Additionally, I strive to spread out the essays I write equally among three topics, in addition to discernment, prophecy and encouragement are also part of the site. You did not mention 2/3 of what the site is about, but only focused on what you incorrectly perceived to be a negative, based on a misunderstanding of twisted scripture. So, thank you for going secular and I encourage you to look more widely at what the site is about. Here is an essay which explains how to discern and why it's important

Are Christians Commanded to Not Judge Others?
It should be noted that this passage has erroneously been used to suggest that believers should never evaluate or criticize anyone for anything.
https://www.gty.org/resources/bible-qna/BQ112912/are-christians-commanded-to-not-judge-others

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:16 am

<quote user="esiena">You do not have ... [link][/quote]
Sorry, but time presses. Heresy is by nature nothing more than a political ploy fabricated and executed by the hand of man.

Happy questing. No doubt others hold you in the same high regard for equally erudite reasons:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations