winferno.com

scottjohnson

RE: winferno.com

Post by scottjohnson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:05 pm

Thank you for taking the time to review our website. We appreciate that you have removed our negative rating.

scottjohnson

Post by scottjohnson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm

We will review the comments on pissedconsumer. Obviously these can be quite subjective but our goal is to determine if there is a pattern of concern which we will act on.

We have also submitted our software to bleepingcomputer for their technical review so it is not treated as malware.

Thanks once again for your comments.

scottjohnson

Our site and products have been delisted from malware list

Post by scottjohnson » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Please note that our website and files have delisted our website and files from their malware list as they found them to be false positives.

-----Original Message-----
From: [SCUMWARE.org - removals] [mailto:removals@scumware.org]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 4:25 AM
To: removals@scumware.org
Subject: SCUMWARE.org: report about your site has been removed

Hello,

in response to your request, the report about your site has been removed.
However, please remember that all sites placed on scumware.org come from automated process of scanning. We are not responsible for marking files as harmful because anti-virus software does it (TOS).

--
Regards,
SCUMWARE.org

-----Original Message-----
From: IKARUS Analyse-Labor virus.utilities [mailto:analyse-labor.vu@ikarus.at]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 2:14 AM
To: scott.johnson@winferno.com
Subject: RE: [Ticket#2012071210149318] Request for removal of our software from your virus listing

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

Many thanks for the delivered file.

***** false-positive *****

The false positive was removed and should not occur any more after our next database update

resourcesforlife

Post by resourcesforlife » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Greetings Scott,

I was unable to determine the source of the software you sell. Are you a U.S. distributor for a white label product developed in Germany? I'm curious to know about the development team.

Your company, product, and website seem very similar to CyberDefender.com which is promoted by Registry Cleaners Watch. Both organizations are suspected of distributing malware, phishing, and hacking schemes -- and they use fake (impostor) content writers to generate back links to their sites on numerous tech blogs. The former is currently filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I just wanted to make sure you don't have anything to do with that company and aren't affiliated with them in any way.

Regards,
Greg

scottjohnson

Post by scottjohnson » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Greetings from Boston Greg,

Thanks for your comments. We are a Boston company with 20 employees and have developed our own software. We are not a distributor of any white label products but we do resell McAfee and Norton. Winferno was started in 2002 and we are privately-owned and profitable.

As far as fake content, we don't have and content writers posting to tech blogs and forums. We don't have any connection with the companies you mentioned. My background: I have worked for software companies such as Corel, Serif, and Jasc (Paint Shop Pro purchased by Corel in 2004).

Thanks for taking the time to make your comments on the forum.

Regards,

Scott Johnson

<quote user="resourcesforlife">
Greetings Scott,

I was unable to determine the source of the software you sell. Are you a U.S. distributor for a white label product developed in Germany? I'm curious to know about the development team.

Your company, product, and website seem very similar to CyberDefender.com which is promoted by Registry Cleaners Watch. Both organizations are suspected of distributing malware, phishing, and hacking schemes -- and they use fake (impostor) content writers to generate back links to their sites on numerous tech blogs. The former is currently filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

I just wanted to make sure you don't have anything to do with that company and aren't affiliated with them in any way.

Regards,
Greg
[/quote]

mcolford

Post by mcolford » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Confirmed that domain was delisted from Malc0de's database. Comment/Rating has been removed.

Xelleld

Post by Xelleld » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:32 pm

You are part of the development of scareware! Of course it's obvious what my rating is going to be for that. [red]Rated and commented.[/red]

Natasha A

Post by Natasha A » Wed May 20, 2015 7:37 pm

<quote user="xelleld">
You are part of the development of scareware! Of course it's obvious what my rating is going to be for that. [red]Rated and commented.[/red]
[/quote]

Please be more specific how it is obvious?

spectre

Post by spectre » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:21 am

[cite]
Speed Up Your Computer
with Winferno Registry Power Cleaner [/cite]

How will downloading adware 'speed up' my PC?
Registry Cleaner Power Cleaner VirusTotal

Also Winferno PC Confidential Privacy Scan VirusTotal

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:55 am

[red]Rated[/red][green].[/green]