A good idea from Paul Leger.

logicman

A good idea from Paul Leger.

Post by logicman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:02 am

In the reviews for WOT add-on for Firefox, Paul Leger wrote, on May 30, 2008 -

"I just discovered the option for color-blind people. Well, I am not color-blind. But still it is very hard for me to distinguish the two green and the two red rings. Color-blind mode doesn't make it easier. I really suggest, you use different shapes (e.g. ring, star, square, filled square, filled circle)."

Also "please, make the color of the ring for 'poor reputation' more distinct from the one for 'very poor reputation'. Maybe something like orange would be ok. Because at the moment it is not possible to distiinguish between them."

I agree with this. Poor eyesight comes in many forms. Strikingly different colours and/or icons can be a great help - as also letters or numbers in icons.

Security_Wiz

Colorblind

Post by Security_Wiz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:35 pm

I agree, and I am colorblind. I chose not to use the colorblind mode because I think is actually worse than the easy mode. There is no guide to which colors stand for which, the only thing is the demo that just explains that it's optional. I would really like a guide for this, and also if you could make the light green for good and the even lighter green for unsatisfactory more distinguished.

Great job, WOT!

Sami

Re: Guide

Post by Sami » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:40 pm

The guide wasn't updated for the colorblind version to make the download smaller. Basically, for good ratings the rating symbol has a lighter color and the shutter is more open. For the "very poor" rating, the shutter is completely closed and almost black.