Blocking WOT ratings

Blocking WOT ratings

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Is it possible to block the ratings on a selected web site.

I'm referring to MacRumors.com

There are little green circles all over the page. All over every blog and blog comment. It's extremely distracting. I only want to block on selected sites.

Thank you for your help.

Myxt

RE: Blocking WOT ratings

Post by Myxt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Click the WOT tool icon on your browser > click Settings (upper right) > click the Searching tab > change what you want. But I don't see a way to add domains, probably because there's no handshaking set up yet.

c۞g

RE: MacRumors.com

Post by c۞g » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Could you provide a screen capture?

I visited the site and there are no WOT icons displayed anywhere.
MacRumors.com is not part of WOT's listed search domains and it does not appear they incorporate the WOT API / Widget on their site.

The only "dots" I see are the list bullet icons on the right side-bar and they're not green

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks g7w for your reply. First, I'm a major newbie to computers and not too bright, so I do not yet know how to do a screen capture and send it.

But more to the point, I just went to the site again, and there were no green donuts. I swear, they were there before! All over the page!

Anyway, all is well. Again, my thanks to you, and Myxt, for offering your help.

WAIT! I just went back again, and the green donuts were back! It seems to be happening irregularly. Possibly something wrong in my computer? Maybe you could check again. If you have the time, go to the site, and if nothing is there, close the site and return in 2 or 3 minutes. If you don't experience the same problem I do, I guess it must be in my computer. I'm going to try a reboot and see what happens.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:41 pm

I went back to that site 4 times and saw no donuts. Unless you have some kind of memory leak, the only thing I can think of at the moment is they may be live testing the WOT widget -?

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:55 pm

I have a screen shot on my desktop ( I have a macbook. Desktop is the opening screen) I don't know how to get it into this forum comment.

Sorry I'm such an idiot. The screenshot shows all the green donuts all over the place.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:15 am

You can always go to imageshack.us and upload it, then give us the link.