Firefox multiprocess compatibility

lvsunz3748

Firefox multiprocess compatibility

Post by lvsunz3748 » Sat May 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Been using WOT long time but it's not compatible with Firefox multiprocess. Please help. Thank you.

Site-rater

RE: Firefox multiprocess compatibility

Post by Site-rater » Sat May 27, 2017 7:17 pm

According to https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/77126-pl ... ity-update they plan on creating a WebExtensions based add-on.
Don't hold your breath for a GitHub release; they stopped committing to GitHub about a year and a half ago.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:47 am

[green]Multiprocess is great for all kinds of things like processors. In browsers it [/green][red] stinks[/red][green].

See the Palemoon thread for more details.[green]

mvanpelt

Post by mvanpelt » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:49 pm

YMMV. I've found multiprocess in Firefox is a huge win -- enough that I'm just not going to re-install the MyWot plugin unless and until there is a version that permits me to run multiprocess. That's a step I do not take lightly; I really like the MyWoT plugin, but the difference between multiprocess and not-multiprocess is big enough for the way I use Firefox that if I have to choose between the two... I choose multiprocess. Regretfully... and it's a fairly close thing.

Anxiously awaiting the multiprocess-capable version of MyWoT....

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:54 pm

<quote user="mvanpelt">
I've found multiprocess in Firefox is a huge win -- enough that I'm just not going to re-install the MyWot plugin unless and until there is a version that permits me to run multiprocess.
[/quote]
Please test whether the newest version of the WOT extension for Firefox is compatible. See
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
&nbsp;

mvanpelt

Post by mvanpelt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:15 pm

YAY! Installed it. Multiprocess is still enabled.

mvanpelt

Post by mvanpelt » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:32 pm

Alas... Firefox became so very very slow, gray-outs where nothing worked for minutes. Then the whole window manager on Ubuntu wedged so hard I had to log in remotely and reboot my system. I haven't had the Ubuntu window manager wedge like that in ages.

After reboot and restore all my tabs, all the nesting in Tree Style Tabs was ... gone. All the tabs were top-level.

I removed the WOT plugin and restarted FireFox, and the nesting returned, thank goodness.

An update or two from now, when I'm not so busy, I'll give it another try. I really want it in my browser.

(Oh, in the "adding insult to injury" department, installing the Firefox add-on does not get rid of the EXTREMELY ANNOYING "Install the Firefox MyWoT Plugin" popup that covers the entire page whenever you open a MyWoT window and search for a domain.)

mvanpelt

Post by mvanpelt » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

The October 20 update of the plugin has not (so far) seemed to affect the speed of Firefox. Plus the (bad words redacted) popup constantly leaping in front of my face and haranguing me to install the Firefox plugin seems to be gone! Yay!