Firefox v 34.0 search support

NotBuyingIt

Firefox v 34.0 search support

Post by NotBuyingIt » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:10 pm

The new Firefox version 34.0 web browser has changed its default search engine from Google to a Yahoo-based hybrid. Using the WOT add-on version 20131118 and Mac OS 10.10.1, the WOT "traffic lights" are not displayed for default search results. A work around is to use a different search engine such as Google or the regular Yahoo, instead.
<!--break-->
Example:

The result from the following default search query does not show WOT rating symbols

Code: Select all

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=wot+search+engine&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-001

The result from the following search query does show WOT rating symbols

Code: Select all

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=wot+search+engine&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla

hotdoge3

RE: Firefox v 34.0 search support

Post by hotdoge3 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Thanks for thats

KC.Maher

Post by KC.Maher » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:18 pm

I haven't been able to get the Firefox extension to work at all. I might have to try this; I currently have the toolbar installed on my Surface Pro 2 with Chrome and it's been fine, but other browsers and OS's have been problematic.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:36 am

it does the same for Yahoo-based hybrid on chrome.

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks for posting,

Yes, I have this Yahoo Bug too. WOT search icons do not show in search results when Yahoo Search is used. Even "regular Yahoo." Not sure what "regular Yahoo." means.

You get the option to keep Yahoo as your new default search engine, or change it later. If you X out of the Window on Firefox 34, it will change the search to Yahoo as your default search engine. To change it to the default search you want, do the following:

Highlight the search magnifying glass in the right-hand corner of Firefox.
Select "Change Search Settings."
Follow the screen prompts to select the default search engine of your choice.
Click OK to Save.

You can also search other providers as explained in the Search Settings screen, without changing the default search.

Satch

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:39 am

why use Yahoo ? I don't no good in new zealand only google works but most of the time I use ixquick and DuckDuckGo

sueskawot

Post by sueskawot » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Thanks for posting this issue. I reported it to Firefox. If you go directly to https://search.yahoo.com and search from the yahoo website ( I think this is what is meant by regular yahoo) then the WOT ratings appear. If you use the yahoo search from Firefox's tile page, Firefox's home page, or the Firefox fox search box ( with yahoo as the default search) the WOT "traffic light" ratings do not appear.

kenzeymom

Post by kenzeymom » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:17 pm

No I tried the 'regular yahoo and used your link but NO to ratings appearing or traffic lights etc.. anyone have new workaround on this with the firefox 35, i use windows 7 and have yahoo as my search.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:49 pm

<quote user="kenzeymom">
No I tried the 'regular yahoo and used your link but NO to ratings appearing or traffic lights etc.. anyone have new workaround on this with the firefox 35, i use windows 7 and have yahoo as my search.
[/quote]

I suggest first reinstalling WoT.
Had no issues with 35 and now using beta 36 and no issues there either.

statetats

Post by statetats » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:18 pm

<quote user="sueskawot">
~ If you go directly to https://search.yahoo.com and search from the yahoo website ( I think this is what is meant by regular yahoo) then the WOT ratings appear. If you use the yahoo search from Firefox's tile page, Firefox's home page, or the Firefox fox search box ~ the WOT "traffic light" ratings do not appear.
[/quote]
Still a problem in Waterfox 36.0. WinXP SP3 Intel-32b
I had a similar symptom with Opera 12.17 a month or so ago, which has cleared up now, altho I ve re-installed WOT in Opera so I can t say which remedy works.