How do I verify a wordpress-hosted blog?

forscherdrang

How do I verify a wordpress-hosted blog?

Post by forscherdrang » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi

I've read some advice about generating a new page and including the code on my wordpress-blog (ending on ....wordpress.com, not org!) but I can't make a new page without generating a new menu on top of the blog?

Is there another possibility to verify the blog as I can't upload a html file nor have I access to the header file of the blog.

Thx.

RE: How do I verify a wordpress-hosted blog?

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi!
You can use this extension: https://wordpress.org/plugins/tapandtrust/
Enter the meta-tag in settings and save, then verify your site in profile.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:24 am

For a free username.WordPress.com:
Create a *new* empty page with *only* a title which is the WoT verification code.
"Publish" the new page.
Verify from your WoT member profile.
You can then delete the new WordPress page if you wish.

№3344

Post by №3344 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:11 am

<quote user="myxt">
For a free username.WordPress.com:
Create a *new* empty page with *only* a title which is the WoT verification code.
"Publish" the new page.
Verify from your WoT member profile.
You can then delete the new WordPress page if you wish.
[/quote]

Is it possible to create full empty page for sites hosted on *.wordpress.com? I think it always creates new pages inside of templates, that's not much enough, it should be full empty. To create empty page you need access to the root folder (doesn't work for wordpress.com sites I guess).

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:27 am

<quote user="nick vini">
Is it possible to create full empty page for sites hosted on *.wordpress.com? I think it always creates new pages inside of templates, that's not much enough, it should be full empty. To create empty page you need access to the root folder (doesn't work for wordpress.com sites I guess).
[/quote]

Yes - I intended to keep it simple. Of course, by the time you have typed a title, WordPress has already packed the "empty" page with gobs of code; yet from the user's view in page creation mode, it appears empty.

What is important, is that WordPress adds the page title to the URL: "user.wordpress.com/wotVerificationCode/"
as an SEO method, i.e.: "user.wordpress.com/my-amazing-article-about-shocking-secrets-of-fabulous-celebrities/"

№3344

Post by №3344 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:24 am

<quote user="myxt">
Yes - I intended to keep it simple. Of course, by the time you have typed a title, WordPress has already packed the "empty" page with gobs of code; yet from the user's view in page creation mode, it appears empty.

What is important, is that WordPress adds the page title to the URL: "user.wordpress.com/wotVerificationCode/"
as an SEO method, i.e.: "user.wordpress.com/my-amazing-article-about-shocking-secrets-of-fabulous-celebrities/"
[/quote]

Thanks for answrer Myxt! I thought it's impossible.