How to log out

Brian Britt

Logging Out

Post by Brian Britt » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 pm

You seem to have a major design flaw in your website. You need a logout button that will log you out of WOT and return to the webpage you were on before logging in. Pleas do something about this. This is annoying enough to make me bash WOT!

Sami

Re: Logging Out

Post by Sami » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:46 pm

You can log out if you disable the automatic log-in, but why on earth would you want to go back to the website where you were before logging in...? I think you might be thinking of something else here, how about explaining the use case?

Bert64it

RE: How to log out

Post by Bert64it » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:32 am

I totally agree with Brian Bitt, and others, to say that a "log out" button would be great.

For instance, given a rating page for a site, at the moment what I need to is to reach two goals:
- obtain, the page 'without my login name', so I could print and give it (to show) to the site owner
- obtain the page like a standard computer user 'without Wot plugin' could see it, given the address.

So I thinked that the only way to do this was to log-out from Wot.
It emerged that, even by following the guidelines in the previous link, simply i COULD'N log out from Wot in ANY manner.
Even turning off the automatic login would not let me out anyway. I have not seen any blue icon (as stated), and reloading any Wot pages keep showing "Welcome BertIt64" on top.
Maybe there's some other thing I need to do, as closing the whole browser?
Tanks
(see also http://www.mywot.com/w/index.php?title=Talk:FAQ)

Sami

Post by Sami » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:10 am

The add-on logs you in automatically, but you can turn this off from your profile page ("Allow the add-on to log me in automatically.") and a log out button will appear as soon as you save your changes.

wotuser99

Post by wotuser99 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks for the useful and helpful information. Useful and helpful information can be hard to come by at times. The no logout button problem used to bother me as well after I had the WOT add-on sync my profile.

wotuser99

RE: Just click on the rating

Post by wotuser99 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank you for your information about how to turn the add-on off or on. However, I feel your post just created more confusion and disservice overall than it has been of any help. Frankly, I feel frustrated and angered. First, disabling the add-on fails to bring the logoff button back. You have to go into Edit Profile and de-select “Allow the add-on to log me in automatically” to bring back the logoff button. Second, when one disables the add-on, one is no longer warned about a site that has poor ratings when one inadvertently goes to a website or clicks on a link to a website that has poor ratings. This certainly is not something one really wants.

Additionally, there are other things in your post and about the WOT website that are unclear and/or bothering me. First, in case one wanted to in fact disable the add-on, your instructions on how to turn off the add-on by clicking on enabled were somewhat unclear but I figured it out. I had to figure out where the particular rating icon you were saying to right-click on was located (I found out the rating icon to right-click on is next to the icon that is next to the URL field). Second, when you say you can re-enable the add-on from either the rating window or from the pop-up window where you disabled it, it is very confusing and makes no sense to me how one would re-enable the add-on by going into a rating window and I don’t know why you would even offer that as an alternative when it is very simple to just re-enable the add-on the same way you enabled the add-on (by right clicking on the rating icon and clicking on enable).

Additionally, it is very annoying to me that WOT has to make it so user unfriendly to simply figure out how to log out if one wishes to be able to log out. I think it is sort of ridiculous that one has to resort to going to a forum to learn from one of the forum posters that one has to go into editing their profile to command the add-on to not log you in automatically just to be able to have the option to log out. Additionally, it is unclear why I was told by the WOT website that I am using a different web browser than I used before when it asked me if I want to synchronize my profile. I have used Mozilla Firefox consistently for at least the last year on the current computer I use for the internet, when I was just prompted today to synchronize my profile. I think the logout issues and the synchronizing profile issues should be made much more explicit with instructions and explanations on the website and during the time when the website asks you if you want to synchronize your profile. I’m sorry, but these kinds of problems that should be simple to address do drive me up the wall.

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 am

Thanks for letting me know that a log-off button can be enabled in such way.

SonyAAA

RE: Just click on the rating

Post by SonyAAA » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:04 am

And five years later nothing has changed. Typical spyware behavior. Logout option should always be there.

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Firefox go Tools > WOT > Settings > Show advanced settings

Enable cookies to automatic log-in (Tick or not) fix.