I must re-log-in and synchronize my browser every time I open Firefox

Female Gasdragon

I must re-log-in and synchronize my browser every time I open Firefox

Post by Female Gasdragon » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:49 pm

Whenever I open Firefox after logging into Windows, I have to log into web of trust again and it asks do I want to synchronize my browser. It said something about logging into web of trust for the first time on this browser. However, it is not the first time I logged into web of trust on this Firefox. I log in every time I bring up the same Firefox after logging into Windows. It tells me that I logged in from a new browser, when in fact, it is the same browser I always use.

Female Gasdragon

RE: I must re-log-in and synchronize my browser every time I ope

Post by Female Gasdragon » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:58 pm

bump. Can I get this addressed? It happened to me again. I was only off for 15 minutes, I log into Windows, and voila, I had to re-log-in and synchronize. I was still logged into my Facebook and everything that I have accounts on. ... Except web of trust. It happened many times since I last posted, but this was the first that it did so only after 15 minutes.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:23 pm

<quote user="female gasdragon">
bump. Can I get this addressed? It happened to me again. I was only off for 15 minutes, I log into Windows, and voila, I had to re-log-in and synchronize. I was still logged into my Facebook and everything that I have accounts on. ... Except web of trust. It happened many times since I last posted, but this was the first that it did so only after 15 minutes.
[/quote]

Just for the sake of testing. Disable all add-ons except WoT and see if the issue continues.

Female Gasdragon

Post by Female Gasdragon » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:13 pm

Yes, the same. I disabled my only other addon, abp. The same thing happened. After logging off of Windows, waiting an hour or two, logging back onto Windows, opening Firefox, I had to re-synchronize my wot profile after Firefox launch. My Firefox theme was also disabled during this testing phase fyi.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Yes, the same. I disabled my only other addon, abp. The same thing happened. After logging off of Windows, waiting an hour or two, logging back onto Windows, opening Firefox, I had to re-synchronize my wot profile after Firefox launch. My Firefox theme was also disabled during this testing phase fyi.
[/quote]

Well that blows my theory. . . I'll ponder on this and my apology for the lack of response from support, yet does seem to be the new norm around here.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:11 pm

Please check your Settings->Advanced and make sure the first option is selected: "Enable cookies to automatically log-in.."

If this doesn't work, please email support@mywot.com

Female Gasdragon

Post by Female Gasdragon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:10 pm

For the record, I had to re-log-in and synchronize for the third time today using the same browser. My cookies are enabled because I remain logged in on Facebook, Twitter, Word Press, and many other websites. Just not web of trust

Retarded Joker

Post by Retarded Joker » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:08 am

For the record, I had to re-log-in and synchronize for the third time today using the same browser. My cookies are enabled because I remain logged in on Facebook, Twitter, Word Press, and many other websites. Just not web of trust
[/quote] Go to your profile on the WOT website. Go to your profile settings ( i.e. ' Edit Profile ' on your profile page )
Under 'Privacy Settings' on your right hand side,make sure you have ' Allow the add-on to log me in automatically. ' checked.

Excension

Post by Excension » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:34 am

Hello all.My wot refuses to respond today.In the past when I have a situation,all I did was quit Safari then reopen Safari then I see the Wot page and it is working again.After I logout and login later,same problem,Also i cannot find the Sync page on the WOT site.Any suggestions.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:42 am

<quote user="excension">
Hello all.My wot refuses to respond today.In the past when I have a situation,all I did was quit Safari then reopen Safari then I see the Wot page and it is working again.After I logout and login later,same problem,Also i cannot find the Sync page on the WOT site.Any suggestions.
[/quote]
Since you were able to post a comment in this thread, your problem seems to be over. the Sync page is not ordinarily available unless the WOT system has determined that you may need to synchronize the ratings that you have made using multiple web browsers. Then it will appear as a tab near the top of your [url=https://www.mywot.com/user t=_self]profile page[/url]. For details, see the WOT FAQ at
https://www.mywot.com/faq/add-on/general#twocomputers