JavaScript error in Chrome console from WOT

webwonder

JavaScript error in Chrome console from WOT

Post by webwonder » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:13 am

Hi,

You can see the error in Chrome on Ajaxify's homepage "4nf.org" when clicking from one page to the other.

Since a couple of days we get this error message in the Chrome console from the WOT script that can't initialize. It involves all our websites that use Ajaxify (a modern approach to Ajax).

In all the years we use WOT we have never had that problem in the same sites.

The error message:
wot.js:313 trigger: event message:search:update failed with TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined.

Regards & Thanks,

David

webwonder

RE: JavaScript error in Chrome console from WOT

Post by webwonder » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:40 am

Hi,
It's sad to see that despite the fact that I also contacted Support with the Contact form about this issue nobody gets in contact with us and the error still remains! (for more then a month).

Regards,
David

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:26 pm

The error message:
wot.js:313 trigger: event message:search:update failed with TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of undefined.
Have you confirmed that wot.js is a product of mywot.com? Take a look at
https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Implemen ... escription[/b]

WoT.js is an open source Javascript framework for WoT(Web of Things) applications on OSHW(Open Soure Hardware) using Node.js. It support Rasberry PI, Beaglebone Black, Intel Edison.
[/quote]

<quote user="webwonder">
It's sad to see that despite the fact that I also contacted Support with the Contact form about this issue nobody gets in contact with us and the error still remains! (for more then a month).
[/quote]I recently reported a bug with the Contact form, but I have little expectation that it will be fixed anytime soon. For now, you may contact the mywot.com staff by sending email to support@mywot.com
&nbsp;

procyon

Post by procyon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 pm

It comes from WOT but what you see is a log message in a catch block (ie: "console.log"). So it's not an error because it has been caught and doesn't break script execution.

Code: Select all

try {
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;....
} catch (e) {
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;console.log("trigger: event " + name + " failed with " +e + "\n");
}