MyWOT Android Browser

RE: MyWOT Android Browser

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:54 pm

The layout was changed to make it more comfortable. The action bar automatically displays the appropriate icon at its right (delete/refresh/microphone) depending of the context.

New settings with switch buttons. Third party scripts can be disabled. But the best would be to create a service which will read a remote database to have a local data base up-to-date. This configuration would allow to only block domains used for tracking purposes. The current configuration can be quite radical despite its filters.

Number of scripts which have been blocked is written under the WOT icon:

I am still working on the VT API. But I think, it will come after the first release. I will launch a test mode on Google Play, so if some of you are interested to test it, you can contact me in PM.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:35 pm

The browser now blocks tracking scripts thanks to the hpHosts database. Updates of the DB are incremental to avoid costly queries and are processed automatically.

When a page is loading, every calls to domains which are in the "blacklisted" will be blocked.

To see the blocked domains of the current page, user has to click on the doughnut at the top which will display the popup.

Then there is a button to display third party scripts.

Switch buttons allow to add the domains on a whitelist.

Or all tracking scripts can be allowed for the domain (and only this domain).

The whitelist of tracking scripts can be managed. The background green color is for domains where tracking scripts are allowed.

Thank you to the precious help of hpHosts.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:54 pm

I have added a private browsing mode which can be enabled from the drop down menu.

The top bar becomes grey to indicate the mode is activated. The WOT protection is still active as well as calls to tracking domains are still blocked.

In this mode, cookies are disabled/ no history record/ no local storage/ etc.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:53 pm

I will release the browser this week. I have added some other features. Cf settings for browser:

A long click on a URL will open a small contextual menu:

A last option allows to open trusted links with other apps, like Twitter/Youtube/FaceBook apps (etc.). The app automatically detects apps on the device which can open a certain URL. If only one app can open it, this one will be used by default, otherwise, apps are displayed in a prompt dialog. Of course, this option can be disabled.

If some members have an Android device and are interested to participate to beta tests, it would be nice. Do not hesitate to contact me by PM.

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:35 pm

Well, my friend Matiks =
All we need is the hardware and will have the most beautiful Android phone, ever made because is beautiful from inside out as it should be
[cite]If some members have an Android device and are interested to participate to beta tests, it would be nice. Do not hesitate to contact me by PM[/cite]
Well, you got me, I am doing what I promised never to do............... I am buying a smart phone that will be even smarter because of such a browser
I will want to humbly ask you to be a beta tester as it would be my honor to tell everyone I know, "hey look, what my friend created"
Great job, Matiks and I am looking forward you getting the member of the year award and not just for the browser, but everything that you have done at WOT
Best regards, my friend ☺

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 pm

My dear friend =
Another Russian friend gave me a link to
"WOT for Android: Sneak Peek!"
https://www.mywot.com/en/blog/494-wot-f ... sneak-peek
My Russian friend said
"I hope that Matiks helped administration with creation of this program"
I could not imagine it, any other way
Congratulations!
Your friend!

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:03 pm

@Super Hero!
I am not related to this new app :)

I only work on unofficial apps with the WOT api and now with hpHosts to block tracking domains.
I have no idea of what will be this app. I have filled the Google form to test it and I hope to participate as a beta tester.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:22 pm

<quote user="matiks">
@Super Hero!
I am not related to this new app :)

I only work on unofficial apps with the WOT api and now with hpHosts to block tracking domains.
I have no idea of what will be this app. I have filled the Google form to test it and I hope to participate as a beta tester.
[/quote]

With all due respect my friend =
You may have not be related to this app, but your functional app is being up, since 2015

[cite] Matiks on Wed 04 Mar 2015
04:51:00 PM UTC

WOT Android app[/cite]

Way before MyWOT team ever existed and up to now, not even a simple
Thank you, Matiks?
Anything built in an injustice, will fall apart and this an injustice!
If that is case, then I will not use the WOT mobile!
@MyWOT team =
I am amazed that in order to get you to acknowledge a member's incredible participation and innovation that will help WOT, more emails need to be sent to the CEO, complaining about your poor "work" at WOT
[cite]Today we are making a much-anticipated announcement and giving you a sneak peek of our newest product: WOT for Android![/cite]
https://www.mywot.com/en/blog

You were not even around, when an App for WOT was already working!

As I previously told someone in Finland, I would have fired you on the spot!

Not even a simple word of appreciation to someone that had it, before you mentioned it, I worry about Finland, with such poor leadership and I am not the only one
hxxttp://wxww.dailytimes.com.pk/business/16-Mar-2016/finland-seen-suffering-more-ratings-downgrades-this-year
This is not Sami or Timo's WOT and they should be happy

@Matiks =
I am sorry for venting out, like this and in your thread
I want to thank you, for every single thing you have done for WOT and that goes for every member that without them, WOT would be nothing worth downloading
Best regards!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:29 am

@Super Hero!

You always congratulated my work on unofficial apps. I appreciate and it is very motivating :)

I always kept informed the Support about my work to be the most transparent as possible. They have always responded to my emails, and they also have encouraging words.

The Staff is currently working on three major points:
  • Website
  • Filter
  • WOT for devices
They are busy but they communicate more than before (blog/forum). I personally appreciate what is being done :)

Also, for more consistent, it is important that my apps stay "unofficial apps" with no communications from the Staff because such announcements would interfere with their official work. And members, active or anonymous could be lost, and they might don't understand what is really done by WOT.

But as I said, I appreciate your words :)

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:49 pm

@ Matiks =

[cite]I always kept informed the Support about my work to be the most transparent as possible. They have always responded to my emails, and they also have encouraging words[/cite]

Good

Pretending that your unofficial application did not exist

Bad

Lack acknowledgement of a member's innovation to make WOT better

Ugly

Having said this, last night I started to meditate about this situation and I realized an error of my part, I learned much more because of your actions and your ideas

I am a better person because of you and members that like you, have given their best without expecting much, not even a thank you badge

To me you are top member of WOT and an inspiration to everyone, starting with me

Thank you