Need help: did miniclip infect me?

Universal344

Need help: did miniclip infect me?

Post by Universal344 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:24 pm

I was recently on miniclip.com (but did not download anything). I noticed after I was off that someone on the scorecard reported a browser hijacker. I did some more research and found a few reports of it containing spyware. I also looked at my list of processes (from all users) in task manager and did not find the miniclip game loader (which I read was malicious). Avast Home and AdAware 2008 Free didn't find anything on my machine. AVG linkscanner, norton safeweb and mcafee siteadvisor all report it as safe. Also, I have Comodo Firewall Pro with Defense + and Defense Plus never alerted me to anything trying to do something I didn't recognize. Do you think there is a possibility I could be infected or am I just being paranoid? If you think I could be infected should I run Hijack This?

Thanks!

logicman

Did miniclip infect?

Post by logicman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm

It seems safe to me, and I found nothing unusual.

Be aware that this site uses both cookies and redirects to other sites.

Cookies can sometimes generate false positives, especially tracking cookies.
I use Firefox and set it to kill all cookies on exit.

Let's see what others find.

Stay safe!

:-)

Universal344

An Update

Post by Universal344 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:53 pm

I also ran Defense Plus's Scanner and it found nothing. I also searched all SWFs on my computer and it found some SWFs from some of the games I played. Just as a precaution I deleted all my SWFs.

P.S. Thanks for the reply logicman!

Security_Wiz

Miniclip

Post by Security_Wiz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:18 am

No, you are not infected. Spyware Doctor by PC Tools reports Miniclip as a browser hijacker, so clear your cookies and empty your cache. You should be fine. Miniclip is an okay website, but some of the games need ActiveX and exploit IE.

Run Spyware Doctor, just in case. But really, you have like, six AV's/Anti-Spywares on, you should be fine.

Universal344

SD found nothing

Post by Universal344 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:20 pm

I downloaded and ran spyware doctor free and it found nothing on my system.