Please fix WOT for Firefox

MyWOT-Team

RE: Please fix WOT for Firefox

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We are aware of the situation with the Firefox add-on and are in the process of resolving it with the team at Mozilla. A new version is already uploaded and awaiting review. Please stay tuned as we are doing our very best to bring the add-on back to the store as soon as possible.

We will provide you with updates as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
WOT Team

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:46 pm

It appears to be once again available in the Firefox Addons ste - hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
but it is flagged as "not been reviewed by Mozilla" and as such new versions of Firefox will not allow installation, except on the "unbranded" versions available at hxxps://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing#Unbranded_Builds

The Shadow

Post by The Shadow » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:16 am

In Firefox --

about:config

extensions.blocklist.enabled

Right-click and toggle to: false

This will turn off all warnings.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 am

<quote user="site-rater">
It appears to be once again available in the Firefox Addons ste - hxxps://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
[/quote]It appears to be good news (but I'll wait for the announcement from the WOT team). As always, of course, individuals are strongly encouraged to carefully review the associated privacy policy before deciding to install any browser extension.

about:mozilla
By coincidence, a new version of the Firefox browser itself (v. 51.0.1) has just become available. (Still not fixed: website pre-fetching isn't correctly disabled.)
&nbsp;

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:07 am

Dear WOT,

If users choose to uninstall WOT from their computer for the time being until the new version is released, will they lose the ability to log into the forum here and their account credentials until Mozilla Firefox officially releases the updated WOT?

I assume that the updated WOT for Firefox will over-ride the current old version?

Satch

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:35 am

<quote user="satchman">
Dear WOT,

If users choose to uninstall WOT from their computer for the time being until the new version is released, will they lose the ability to log into the forum here and their account credentials until Mozilla Firefox officially releases the updated WOT?

I assume that the updated WOT for Firefox will over-ride the current old version?

Satch
[/quote]

Users can still manually log into the forum with their username and password. They will simply get logged out after closing the browser if the add-on is no longer installed.
If the add-on is not uninstalled, then when the new version of WOT is finally approved, Firefox should automatically download and install the updated version.

weebit

Post by weebit » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:15 pm

I am at a stand still guys because I know longer have WOT. I depend on this to keep me safe right along with my security suite software. I do lots of searches because I do research. I installed your rival and it's a piece of crap the green yellow and red icons don't even show up on each of the search links. This is frustrating. I know you guys are going through double tooth picks right now, but so are many of your loyal customers. Please don't hold it against us for trying to speed you guys up on this. Instead, keep in mind some of us have jobs too. We all enjoy your product very much and you have created something that has saved me several times. It's not our fault that we like your product so much.

Thank you for your time and support.

NotBuyingIt

Status of WOT add-on for Firefox

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:06 pm

A status report of a fixed version of the WOT extension for Firefox as of 30-Janurary-2017 is at
https://www.mywot.com/forum/73748-commu ... on-firefox

jackeds37

Post by jackeds37 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:39 am

Comments seem to run out on 30 Jan 2017. Is any progress toward resolution being made? Like most of those who have commented, I used to swear by WOT; must I now swear at it?
Is Mozilla trying to build up an image as the great guardian of the users' data (see their recent popup notifications about unsecure HTTP connections)? Or is the task of meeting their (reasonable?) standards proving a lot harder than it looked at the beginning of the year?

¿¯\_(ツ)_/¯?

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:20 am

<quote user="jackeds37">Is any progress toward resolution being made? [/quote]
The WOT staff submitted a revision of its browser extension for Firefox dated 2017-02-06 (hence, version 20170206). The Mozilla Foundation apparently finds no reason to expedite its review. See
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/
See also
https://www.mywot.com/forum/75290-wot-i ... ent-360440

If anyone can obtain an explanation from Mozilla's Firefox group regarding its progress reviewing the addon, please share it. Hundreds of thousands of Firefox users are waiting for the WOT addon.

Version 20151208 of the WOT extension will run on version 52.0.2 of the Firefox browser, but the Mozilla Foundation will not permit you to install it out of serious concerns over security and privacy flaws. See
https://blocked.cdn.mozilla.net/i1523.html

Currently, only Chrome and Opera have up-to-date versions of WOT.
&nbsp;