Possible solution to Script : chrome://wot/content/search.js:426

mshember

Possible solution to Script : chrome://wot/content/search.js:426

Post by mshember » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Greetings,

I was having many problems with firefox freezing for a spell and would give many errors for Script : chrome://wot/content/search.js:426 and one other.

Basically it took a contine and a stop and eventually it went away.

I have seen others with this problem and I suspect it might be due to multitabs with multiple windows.

At times I would have 4 windows and sometimes the same site would be on a tab in some of the windows.

I closed out the duplicates and closed some windows and the problem went away.

The only thing wrong now is an occasional delay and every once in awhile, the message would appear.

Could it be the scan portion is scanning per tab?

Just an FYI.

Thanks!

donsorg

RE: Possible solution to Script : chrome://wot/content/search.js

Post by donsorg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm

Thank you very much. This is interesting finding which might help to catch the issue. We'll look into it.

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:47 pm

multitabs with multiple windows.Yes same no my Firefox but only some times like 1,2 times a week some weeks 1,2 times a day

chris@runningfish.net

Post by chris@runningfish.net » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:08 pm

I have been having the same problem with Firefox as well. This comes up at least 2-3 times a day.

unresponsive script
wot/content/search.js:407

ericjs

Post by ericjs » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:34 pm

Ditto. This is very annoying. I don't need WOT to be wasting processor time and bandwidth checking tabs that are open and not actively being interacted with, if that is what it is doing. They should have been checked when I opened them, and at the very least there should be an option to disable whatever periodic recheck that is going on.

If that's not what's going on, I'd like to know what it is that causes these unresponsive script errors on wot scripts when many tabs are open.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:34 am

<quote user="ericjs">
If that's not what's going on, I'd like to know what it is that causes these unresponsive script errors on wot scripts when many tabs are open.
[/quote]

That's not what going on, and you're not the only one. Have you tried if you can reproduce the issue after resetting your Firefox profile or creating a new one?