Problem installing WOT with multiple user accounts

varnk

Problem installing WOT with multiple user accounts

Post by varnk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:11 pm

I have tried to intall the WOT add-on for IE and Firefox .

I have two computers -- one running Vista, the other XP. On both computers, I have multiple user accounts for my kids. I tried installing WOT using my administrator account. It installs fine on my account, but does not register on the browser for all of my other accounts. If I try to logon as one of my other standard users, WOT is not in the browser add-on list. If I try to install it, I get a security violation when it tries to write entries into the registry.

How can I get WOT to install so that it is available on the browsers for all of my user accounts?

Sami

Re: Problem installing WOT with multiple user accounts

Post by Sami » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:41 pm

The IE add-on installs globally, so it should work on all accounts, provided that other users have access to the add-on file and have third-party browser extensions enabled.

If you're not able to get the add-on to work on any of the other accounts, please [url=https://www.mywot.com/support/feedback/problem t=_self]send us a problem report[/url].

sky801wot

What about multiple user accounts with firefox on Win2k?

Post by sky801wot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:23 am

I have the same problem but with multiple user accounts with firefox on Win2k.

Sami

Re: What about multiple user accounts with firefox on Win2k?

Post by Sami » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:42 am

The Firefox add-on installs only to your current profile, so you'll either need to install it separately for each user or install the add-on globally:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_extensions#Global_installation