Problems with the website

User avatar
Myxt
Posts: 4144
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:18 am

Re: Problems with the website

Post by Myxt » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 pm

spectre wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 pm
I also think that as the recognised extension for many UK charities, organisations & clubs, .org.uk should be in the dropdown list. . gov.uk is also missing.
There are hundreds - way too much for a lazy-typing-assist drop-down. This isn't really a search box - one cannot type anything and get fuzzy results - so whatever the box and drop-down cobble together becomes a binary true|false match. Due to the cutting edge tech of copy & paste, the interference posed by this drop-down far outweighs its intended and possible usefulness.

NotBuyingIt
Posts: 6546
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Problems with the website — erroneous scorecard search box

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:48 am

spectre wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 pm
I also think that as the recognised extension for many UK charities, organisations & clubs, .org.uk should be in the dropdown list. . gov.uk is also missing.
Myxt wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 pm
There are hundreds - way too much for a lazy-typing-assist drop-down. This isn't really a search box - one cannot type anything and get fuzzy results - so whatever the box and drop-down cobble together becomes a binary true|false match. Due to the cutting edge tech of copy & paste, the interference posed by this drop-down far outweighs its intended and possible usefulness.
As a work-around, when the type-ahead drop-down menu incorrectly handles the TLD, I simply append a forward slash to the end of the domain name in the search box. E.g., example.org.uk/
Although the drop-down box may only list erroneous items ('example.org.uk/.com') when I append the slash, the correct scorecard is generated.

User avatar
MyWOT-Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Problems with the website — erroneous scorecard search box

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:39 am

NotBuyingIt wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:48 am
spectre wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:24 pm
I also think that as the recognised extension for many UK charities, organisations & clubs, .org.uk should be in the dropdown list. . gov.uk is also missing.
Myxt wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:19 pm
There are hundreds - way too much for a lazy-typing-assist drop-down. This isn't really a search box - one cannot type anything and get fuzzy results - so whatever the box and drop-down cobble together becomes a binary true|false match. Due to the cutting edge tech of copy & paste, the interference posed by this drop-down far outweighs its intended and possible usefulness.
As a work-around, when the type-ahead drop-down menu incorrectly handles the TLD, I simply append a forward slash to the end of the domain name in the search box. E.g., example.org.uk/
Although the drop-down box may only list erroneous items ('example.org.uk/.com') when I append the slash, the correct scorecard is generated.
Hey guys,
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
We will take them to our attention as we work on improving the search bar.
We are aware that it is not perfect at the moment, but it is being taken care of.

spectre
Posts: 7921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Privacy Breach - hidden ratings

Post by spectre » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Members hidden ratings (ratings without comments) have been made public today.
When members posted these ratings it was with Wot's reassurance that they would remain hidden.

As this could endanger some Wot members & their privacy this needs rectifying immediately.

If Wot wishes to change the way this works they should notify all members by email, and it should only affect ratings from now, not past ratings.

I have removed the member's info from this image for privacy reasons

Image

User avatar
MyWOT-Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Privacy Breach - hidden ratings

Post by MyWOT-Team » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm

spectre wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:18 pm
Members hidden ratings (ratings without comments) have been made public today.
When members posted these ratings it was with Wot's reassurance that they would remain hidden.

As this could endanger some Wot members & their privacy this needs rectifying immediately.

If Wot wishes to change the way this works they should notify all members by email, and it should only affect ratings from now, not past ratings.

I have removed the member's info from this image for privacy reasons

Image
UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.


Hey spectre,
Thanks for bringing this up.
We are aware of this bug and we apologize for it.
Our development team is fixing it as we speak and it will be resolved by the end of the day.
We will investigate this issue so it does not reoccur.

spectre
Posts: 7921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Problems with the website

Post by spectre » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm

MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm

UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.

Hey spectre,
Thanks for bringing this up.
We are aware of this bug and we apologize for it.
Our development team is fixing it as we speak and it will be resolved by the end of the day.
We will investigate this issue so it does not reoccur.

The ratings without comments are hidden again, but I can only see my last 10 reviews now.
Scrolling down the list shows these 10 reviews repeatedly.
The section showing reviews on the page hxxps://mywot.com/user/....../ratings is too small, could it be adjusted to show more than 1-2 reviews please?

NotBuyingIt
Posts: 6546
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Re: Problems with the website

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:52 pm

spectre wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm
Scrolling down the list shows these 10 reviews repeatedly.
A similar scrolling error has been reintroduced to WoT's Community Activity page.
https://www.mywot.com/en/community
(I'm using the Firefox browser, version 77.0.1 (64-bit) with the WoT extension version 20200329.0wot installed.)

User avatar
MyWOT-Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Problems with the website

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:54 am

spectre wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm
MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm

UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.

Hey spectre,
Thanks for bringing this up.
We are aware of this bug and we apologize for it.
Our development team is fixing it as we speak and it will be resolved by the end of the day.
We will investigate this issue so it does not reoccur.

The ratings without comments are hidden again, but I can only see my last 10 reviews now.
Scrolling down the list shows these 10 reviews repeatedly.
The section showing reviews on the page hxxps://mywot.com/user/....../ratings is too small, could it be adjusted to show more than 1-2 reviews please?
Hey,
The issue has been resolved - thanks for sharing this with us.

User avatar
MyWOT-Team
Posts: 684
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:05 pm

Re: Problems with the website

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:00 pm

NotBuyingIt wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:52 pm
spectre wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 pm
Scrolling down the list shows these 10 reviews repeatedly.
A similar scrolling error has been reintroduced to WoT's Community Activity page.
https://www.mywot.com/en/community
(I'm using the Firefox browser, version 77.0.1 (64-bit) with the WoT extension version 20200329.0wot installed.)
Hey,
Thanks for sharing this with us.
We are currently working on some upgrades and maintenance to our servers.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but this will be resolved shortly.

spectre
Posts: 7921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Privacy Breach - hidden ratings

Post by spectre » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am

MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm
UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.

Why are these ratings public again?

Please delete all my ratings & comments from scorecards.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests