Re: Privacy Breach - hidden ratings

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm

spectre wrote: ↑
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am
MyWOT-Team wrote: ↑
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm
UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.

Why are these ratings public again?

Please delete all my ratings & comments from scorecards.
Hey spectre,
Thanks for notifying us about this and we apologize.
Please reply to our email so we can take it from there and resolve it.

spectre

Post by spectre » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:42 pm

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:41 pm
UPDATE:
The issue has been resolved.
Ratings without comments are no longer public.

Why are these ratings public again?

Please delete all my ratings & comments from scorecards.
Hey spectre,
Thanks for notifying us about this and we apologize.
Please reply to our email so we can take it from there and resolve it.
Apology is not enough - you claim (falsely) to be 'The most trustworthy online protection', yet you have revealed ratings for 'comments with hidden ratings' twice in the last 8 days, and exposed users' email addresses on the main site.

Edit - sorry, I forgot there were 2 separate issues here.
I can't check hidden ratings without comments as this info is missing from profile pages.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:42 pm
you have revealed ratings for 'comments with hidden ratings' twice in the last 8 days, and exposed users' email addresses on the main site.

Yikes! Exposing users' email addresses without their knowledge and consent could get WoT kicked off the major browser platforms quickly. The number of top-drawer members who abandoned the WoT users community after the last privacy scandal permanently crippled the community.

spectre

Re: Problems with the website

Post by spectre » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Scorecard links & image hosting links are disabled.
Some user avatars (mine included) are not being displayed.

Moderator edits to posts are still visible - no response from admin since Monday 6th July.

Foxitron

Post by Foxitron » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm

hows that possible for security related website to expose users data without consent? Seems my private data leaked as well? WOT team, what are you doing?I never advertised or recommended your service to anyone, from now will warn anyone who will even think to sign up for your "security" service about this happening. I think "beware of web of trust" will save much more people online than "sign up for WOT".

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:45 pm

Foxitron wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm
hows that possible for security related website to expose users data without consent? Seems my private data leaked as well? WOT team, what are you doing?I never advertised or recommended your service to anyone, from now will warn anyone who will even think to sign up for your "security" service about this happening. I think "beware of web of trust" will save much more people online than "sign up for WOT".
In case it matters to you: The bug has been fixed. It was published only recently for a short period of time.

Foxitron

Post by Foxitron » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Myxt wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:45 pm
Foxitron wrote: ↑
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:29 pm
In case it matters to you: The bug has been fixed. It was published only recently for a short period of time.
You must be kidding.

That does not make any excuse, ESPECIALLY for "the number one and the most trustworthy online protection service" run by several anonymous people without real names and faces (talking about trust, yeh!). Even for one second, even for a half second that MUST not happen. N-e-v-e-r!

If it happens to website claiming to protect you online, even for a short period of time - thats obviously not a good service you are looking for protection. Seriously you think it is not a big deal? Its may be ok for you, if you dont mind your personal data leaking, but not for me!

Benzyl

Post by Benzyl » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Are you going to fix the failure to post bug at any point this year? Any review of a website that's the first one results in the page refreshing empty, the workaround is to ctrl/c the review and post it a second time at which point it appears. This has been happening for most of the year and despite your claims to gave fixed it (back in April) it's still a consistent recurring problem. The odd thing is that, if after submitting the first time, you check your profile page in a separate window the review appears to be there but subsequently disappears if any other actions are carried out.

Foxitron

Post by Foxitron » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:58 pm

They are focused on promoting and selling their questionable "super-pupper" wifi scanner and antivirus-from-all-viruses on google play. When they busy with selling some strange and unverified product covered as WOT - they have no time to deal with simple bugs they generated by screwing up the system during years. I cannot change my email (error occurs), I cannot even manage my PM system (error occurs as well). They are doing big job (j/k).

Foxitron

Post by Foxitron » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Wed May 27, 2020 9:05 am
Regarding Netflix as an example in the search box - we would like to clarify that we do not receive any money from Netflix and they are not paying us for any services of any sort.
For sure, WOT was always neutral with businesses, that was as it worked. WOT was never giving own evaluations, it was place for sharing peoples opinions. Now it does. WOT never engaged in propaganda. And now it does.

For example, new team has changed WOT logo on social media accounts from standard red-yellow-green to colors of LGBTs, recently, for short time, meaning they support LGBTs. I do not have against LGBT and advertisement, but any kind of propaganda and a covert product placement, as with netflix link, is not a good sign for neutral service, that must be unbiased, because any interest, some day or other, will lead to manipulation. It is not to mention for selling dubious "wifi scanner". And yes - "the team" is completely faceless and anonymous.

I am completely sure, that model will render WOT more freaky and untrustworthy. Suggestion: get sober and sane people to build normal system and community.