Strange bug in Firefox with WOT and Chrome

daffodyllady

Strange bug in Firefox with WOT and Chrome

Post by daffodyllady » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:11 am

I installed WOT onto my moms computer and it is causing extreme slowness of Firefox. She asked me to take a look at it. I discovered that there were times when trying to open a site it would bring something up like: chrome://wot/locale/loading.html#....... When this happens the page never loads! Can someone give some incite into the problem?

Cheater87

RE: Strange bug in Firefox with WOT and Chrome

Post by Cheater87 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:27 am

I am having this problem as well. Taking FOREVER to load. Have to use Comodo browser till it gets fixed.

Warxas

Post by Warxas » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 am

Go here http://www.mywot.com/settings click "warnings" and choose either Moderate, Normal (system default), or Very effective. This will turn off the blocking feature, which means bad sites will still be able to load...

Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

I had it set to warning for a bit to see if that helped and it was still taking a long time to load sites.

Don't think it's the add on

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:03 am

Having the same problem, but with the WOT site only.

Sometimes it loads normally, other times I get a time out, so my guess is that it's somewhere in the WOT network.

All other sites load normally.

Sami?

Sami

RE: Don't think it's the add on

Post by Sami » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:59 am

It's a problem with a transit provider that's seems to be affecting only some networks in the US. We have reported the issue forward to our ISP, but I'm not sure if there's anything we can do besides wait for the backbone to be fixed.

Post by Guest » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:42 pm

@ Sami,

Is still happening.

Took me a long time to get this message through . . . multiple tries.

You might tell them your customers are getting pissed . . . not at you but at them!

Sami

Post by Sami » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:19 pm

Yes, I know. The problem has been going on for the past ~21 hours now. However, the problem is not with our ISP, the problem is with some US operator and is affecting only some of our users in the US. You may want to try contacting your ISP and explain you are experiencing packet loss to mywot.com and see if they can figure out where the problem is.

Edit: If you want to help, you can send us traceroutes to api.mywot.com from your computer (command "tracert api.mywot.com" on Windows and "traceroute api.mywot.com" on Linux, for example). All the computers I've seen experiencing packet loss have had their traffic routed through TeliaSonera in the US. Those whose ISP uses other transit providers don't seem to have problems.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Is this thread about the same problem ? : http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/9136-is-w ... nyone-else

BTW, I have no problems here ! All is going smoothly.

Sami

Post by Sami » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes, it's the same problem. We're not aware of any major network issues outside the US at the moment.