Toolbar Button Doesn't Stay Away

jerrrys

Reply to Sami

Post by jerrrys » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:03 pm

jerrrys

Yes; I have unchecked the 're-create' advance option setting and clicked the apply button (which does stay un-checked). However when I un-check toolbar button (tools/toolbars in IE) it re-checked itself. Also I failed to mention that I have reloaded WOT and locking the toolbars makes no difference; and used Registry cleaner befor reinstalling. I should add that after reinstall; WOT remembered my setting and did not go back to default. That seem strange to me. Thanks for the extremely fast reply 'Sami'. P.S. By disabling WOT in IE; WOT still works; just no toolbar button. thanks again

Sami

Re: WOT in IE

Post by Sami » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:21 pm

Are you saying WOT still works in Internet Explorer if you hide the toolbar from the View -> Toolbars menu? I must say that's a tad bit strange considering the browser usually unloads the add-on at that point.

Anyway, what comes to the toolbar reappearing, if nothing else works, try disabling the "WOT Helper" add-on from Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Enable or Disable Add-ons. Doing so shouldn't affect any other functionality.

And since you're using XP, you should be able to purge any settings from the IE add-on by removing the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Against Intuition key from the registry.

jerrrys

Reply #2 to Sami

Post by jerrrys » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:06 pm

jerrrys

Yes, that is correct. By removing WOT from the View/toolbars menu; it still works (Finjan toolbar removed in same way; still works; button does not reappear).

Removing 'WOT Helper' from 'manage add-ons, kills entire program.

Removing HKEY (using regedit.exe) did not look like a good idea, but I did it anyhow. Strange to me; this had no effect. Program runs fine, but toolbar still re-appears.

You got me thinking. Earlier this day I cleaned out old toolbars that I havent used in an age. What got me started on that was 'mcafee site advisior'; after running side by side with WOT for a few weeks, I decided WOT was its replacement. Anyhow, im going to reload IE7 and see what happens. Once again 'Sami', many thanks; will let you know what happens.

jerrrys

P.S.

Post by jerrrys » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:27 pm

jerrrys

I see what HKEY did; reset my settings to default. Been at this too long; time to walk away for awhile. Talk to you later 'Sami'.

jerrrys

Problem resolved !!

Post by jerrrys » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:53 pm

jerrrys

Hello Sami:

I reset IE7 and that was the answer..Dont know just what got screwed up in IE, but its fixed..WOT is behaving its-self..and got to say it one more time; thanks for your help..two heads, once again prove to be better than one..